Subject Matter Expert Mass Spectrometry Job - Netherlands
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Global Vaccines and Biologics Commercialization (GVBC) supports the commercialization of vaccines and biotechnological derived pipeline products.
- Furthermore, GVBC has a crucial role in supporting vaccines and biologics Lines of Business (LoB) and the Quality Organization.
- As part of the GVBC organization analytical and process Centers of Excellence are located in the US.
- These teams are regionally responsible for support to LoB and Quality and introducing new processes and analytical methods into the commercial operations space.
- Reporting into the Team Lead SME’s the Subject Matter Expert Mass Spectrometry holds a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for mass spectrometry analysis.
- The individual oversees all mass spectrometry efforts from a scientific perspective and is able to translate current thinking and new advances into our analytical portfolio.
- In that role the person establishes and maintains an internal and external network of mass spectrometry experts.
- Furthermore he or she indirectly guides all mass spectrometry related activities in the department and provides significant input into regulatory documents and response to questions.
- This position does not have direct reports.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Scientific and Technical leadership (60% of average time spent)
- Analytical SME, with deep scientific understanding of all mass spectrometry methods used for characterizing biotechnological products;
- Responsible for best scientific practices within the lab space and supports from an extended characterization perspective troubleshooting, process support and life cycle management activities;
- Writes complex technical documentation used for regulatory filings (e.g. Justification of specifications, process characterization summaries);
- Recruitment and supervision of MSc-level students.
Project leadership (40% of average time spent)
- Participates in cross-functional/global CMC project teams and leads derived subteams (e.g. working groups responsible for analytical or drug substance development workstreams);
- Participates as SME in solving technical problems at an international level;
- Root Cause Analysis lead for significant investigations (regional).
- PhD in biological sciences, biochemistry, or biochemical engineering or equivalent through experience;
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in protein analytics;
- Significant experience in analytical methodologies for quality control of biotechnological products;
- Strong project management skills & proven ability to manage complex projects;
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality guidelines, and knowledge on CTD format for IND/ BLA/ MAA submissions preferred;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Demonstrated initiative, and innovative process-oriented thinking within a team environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English (required), Dutch or willing to learn Dutch is a plus.
A good place to work
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Biotech, Law, Project Manager, Animal Health, Science, Legal, Technology, Veterinary