Subacute Account Executive (Los Angeles) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This Territory covers: Los Angeles, CA
Travel (25%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography.
The Subacute Account Executive (SAE) represents assigned Merck & Co., Inc. products with targeted IDSs, targeted hospital HOPD (or hospital outpatient clinics), free standing outpatient alternate care facilities (MDO, ID physician infusion clinic), home infusion and LTC.
The SAE focuses on promoting assigned Merck products along the entire patient continuum. Along this continuum, the SAE collaborates with different customer types and delivers clinical and contract messages.
Target Accounts and Customers:
- IDS: Hospital inpatient
- CMO, CFO pharmacy (clinical and administrative), ED, hospitalist, Infectious disease, internal medicine, critical care, quality case managers, discharge case managers, microbiology
- IDS: Alternate Care outpatient
- Hospital pharmacy, ID, IM, (business managers and nurse practitioners located at outpatient facilities)
- Free standing alternate care outpatient
- Pharmacy (at facility), ID, IM, (business managers and nurse practitioners located at outpatient facility)
- Regional infusion / LTC accounts
- Medical officer
- Pharmacy administrative and clinical officer
- Business manager
Customer Account Planning & Management:
- Accountable for integrated hospital systems and alternate care facilities representing assigned Merck products. Within this customer segment works with other stakeholders (including account executives, account leaders, hospital customer manager and directors of commercial operations) to provide input on execution and decisions across customer targets within the larger geography.
- Establishes relationships and maintains a pervasive communication network with the (Hospital provider systems) customer at many levels, including corporate pharmacy directors and corporate procurement personnel, as well as medical directors in charge of provider networks, quality directors, financial directors, COO, and CEO.
- Conducts business strategy discussions and performance reviews with key customers on a regular basis (plays a significant role in ensuring that the Director of Commercial Operations, and Customer Team Leader(s) understand the (hospital system and alternate care) customer and pull-through Merck strategy at the local HCP level.
- Identifies, understands and can articulate the key drivers affecting the customers' business including the customer's long-term plan and objectives.
- Utilizes customer account strategy to define the objectives of the customer relationship.
- Identifies potential customer issues and needs (clinical, financial, business) and aligns where appropriate.
- Collaborates with the customer to identify and pursue areas of mutual opportunity, focused on access to Merck products and better health outcomes for patients
- Implements approved resources, programs and messages to address customer and Merck needs.
- Sells in Merck contracts to various relevant sites of care and manages contract administration issues (contract pricing, contract performance data.)
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Pharmaceutical Sales, Marketing, Finance or Managed Markets & Policy
- Knowledge of payer markets and their interplay
- Knowledge of contracting
- Effective project management
- Effective communication skills and leadership presence
- Business Acumen (understanding broad business implications through experience working in Marketing, Sales and/or Managed Care business
- Analytical capabilities
- Strategic and Tactical Planning skills
- Consultative Selling skills
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic
Job Title:Sr. Acct. Mgr, Account Management
Primary Location: NA-US-CA-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Microbiology, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sales, Science, Healthcare, Sales