Sub Assembly Repair Operative – Night Shift - 18 month Fixed Term Contract - United Kingdom
Division: Medical Systems
The Medical Systems Division represents Olympus’ largest business domain and is the global market and technology leader for medical endoscopes. Olympus aims to continuously find better and more economical solutions to medical issues which improve the well-being of patients, enhance the working environment for doctors and nursing staff and help to develop the overall performance of health care providers.
- Disassembly, refurbishment, repair, assembly and testing of a range of products to the required quality standards and within documented time limits.
- Reading, understanding and adhesion to standard operating procedures as defined in repair manuals, method sheets and other documented processes or regulations
- Inspection & quality checks throughout the repair process by means of visual inspection and/or electronic and mechanical function tests
- The correct application and use of precision hand tools, soldering irons, test equipment, adhesives and chemicals
- Accurate completion of administrative duties or inputting data relating to the repair process on computer systems or repair worksheets.
- Adhering to the quality, health & safety and working practice expectations of the Technical Services division
- Providing additional support to ensure that the Service division’s KPI targets can be achieved and completing
- Previous experience in a technical role or fine hand skills gained through other means which support the application
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical instructions
- A good level of literacy, with an ability to be able to read and write clearly and concisely
- Good computer literacy, including the use of email, and data entry
- Previous technical experience would be advantageous, but not a necessity
The interview will be competence based and the following competencies will be assessed:
- Continuous improvement
- Customer focus
- Team working
All applications must be received by the closing date of 24.07.2017 and will not be accepted after this deadline.
Should you have been referred to Olympus by a current employee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the employees' name and the role you are applying for at the time of submitting your application.
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work and reside in the UK, in accordance with the requirements of Section 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Olympus, we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team that cover all areas of the business. As a backup, we have a preferred supplier list (PSL) of vetted suppliers and as such, are unable to accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies or search firms outside of our PSL (which is now closed to new suppliers). Please note that Olympus will not be responsible for any fees, charges or terms associated with any such CVs. CVs will only be accepted from approved agencies where terms and conditions have been agreed and we have instructed them to work on specific positions. Agencies will be contacted by the recruitment team should we wish to engage their services. We do not take sales calls and politely request that you refrain from directly approaching the recruitment team or line managers and remove Olympus from your mailing list. Thank you for your understanding.