Study Technician II - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Business Summary
We are seeking an experienced Study Technician II for our Insourcing Solutions site located in San Francisco, CA.
Your primary role will be to observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the client’s animal facility, while performing animal care and husbandry.
Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results and variation from expected data patterns.
Able to perform the following techniques:
- Oral gavage in rodents
- IV, SQ, IP, IM injection techniques in rodents
- Blood collection:
- Tail vein in rodents
- Orbital sinus in rodents
- Cardiac in rodents
- Necropsy and tissue collection
- Rodent euthanasia via exsanguination preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; cervical dislocation preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; or, administration of CO2.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Study Technician II position.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related discipline and 1 year related experience or CVT/LVT/RVT certification and one 1 years related research husbandry and technical experience OR High School Diploma/GED and two (2) years related research husbandry and technical experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the ALAT level/CALAS initial level preferred
- Other (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities): Computer literacy in Microsoft Outlook, word processing and database record keeping required. Ability to develop and maintain positive, professional working relationships with all levels of management, clients and staff. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities and function independently, as well as within a team environment, with minimal supervision. Ability to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and industry regulations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond timely to the needs of the assigned contract to ensure that excellent customer service is provided at all times.
About Insourcing Solutions Business
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet