Study Support Technician II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Develop an understanding of and regularly utilize available information resources and systems (e.g., SOPs, policies, computer applications).
- Assemble, set up, and operate any necessary experimental equipment.
- Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans and with regulatory and laboratory requirements.
- Document experimental data in technical notebooks, approved electronic files or client facility approved paperwork, including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results and variation from expected data patterns.
- With guidance from scientific management, maintain a technical knowledge and understanding in his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Able to perform the following techniques:
- Oral gavage in rodents
- IV, SQ, IP, IM injection techniques in rodents
- Blood collection:
- Tail vein in rodents
- Orbital sinus in rodents
- Cardiac in rodents
- Necropsy and tissue collection
- Ability to work in GLP environment
- Veterinary nursing and delivery of palliative care for disease models.
- Rodent euthanasia via exsanguination preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; cervical dislocation preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; or, administration of CO2.
- Interact with other personnel within the department, key support groups and the division, to develop a network of resources to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: B.S./B.A. degree in Biological Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience: Must have at least 2 or more years of previous laboratory animal research experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: LAT preferred
- Other: Basic computer skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity