This job is currently Archived,
Study Support Assoc./Aquatics Ashburn United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- Apply your knowledge and experience in the animal science environment as you take your career to the next level!
- This is your opportunity to join our dedicated team of research technicians supporting top neuroscience researchers from around the globe at one of the nation s premiere research facilities.
- The research campus is a reasonable commute from Northern VA, DC, WVA and parts of MD.
- Your primary role will include providing technical research services directly supporting the research protocols, working in partnership with research staff members in the conduct of biomedical research to include:
- Use established database systems to manage and track breeding and experimental animals on protocols.
- Perform animal husbandry and animal care support services to multiple species (e.g. providing feed, water, clean cages, and daily observations of each animal).
- Receive, examine and properly house incoming animal shipments; provide environmental enrichment appropriate to the species housed.
- Provide other minor technical support (e.g. restraining animals, collecting blood, performing injections, and clinical treatments) as directed.
- Culture live feeds; perform technical procedures related to aquatic species (e.g. facilitate animal breeding and embryo collection; perform prescribed Veterinary treatments, etc.). Conduct all in-house water quality tests accurately and perform preventative maintenance for Zebrafish life support systems and maintain all aquatic support equipment. Effectively troubleshoot aquatic animal housing systems.
- Collect species-specific dragonfly nymphs in local area ponds and waterways with client provided equipment (e.g. waders, nets, buckets, etc.)
Education: High School Diploma and a minimum of two years of post-high school education.
Experience: Minimum one year experience working in a research animal facility and performing minor technical procedures including, but not limited to, restraining animals, performing injections, and administering clinical treatments. Experience working with aquatic species and/or amphibians/reptiles required.
Certification/Licensure: AALAS LAT certification preferred. Achievement of ALAT certification required within one year of hire. Valid Driver s License required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates