This job is currently Archived,
Study Director in vitro DMPK / in vitro Toxicology - Netherlands
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 21 August 2017
- Our company is a subsidiary of the US-listed multinational company Laboratories International Inc.
- The organization employs > 10,000 staff worldwide. Our company in the Netherlands is a well-known, internationally operating Contract Research Organization.
- The company specializes in areas such as environmental and safety research for new and existing drugs, chemical substances and products.
- Quality-thinking is the essence of our company. Our clients are international pharmaceutical, chemical and agro-chemical companies.
- The department Discovery & Environmental Sciences consists of approximately 70 employees.
- Our research is diverse and we investigate multitude of substances with a modern equipment park. Our research is focused on making the safe use of new substances possible.
- The Discovery & Environmental Sciences department is specialized in the field of in vitro studies, mutagenicity, in vitro ADME, biodegradation, e-fate and environmental toxicology research. The section DMPK (Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics) performs in vitro and in vivo studies to examine the absorption, distribution, drug metabolism and excretion of substances and their metabolites. In addition, there is a high focus on the performance of in vitro alternatives for in vivo studies and the section is specialized in in vitro endocrine disruptor studies and skin sensitization studies.
- Due to the increasing workload we have an opportunity for a STUDY DIRECTOR in vitro DMPK / in vitro TOXICOLOGY
- Under the Study Director’s responsibility in-vitro studies are designed, executed and reported and new studies are developed.
- The Study Director has the responsibility for the progress and the quality of the studies, the interpretation, reporting of the study results and the scientific content.
- The Study Director has to communicate in a timely manner with client representatives, management and laboratory staff to ensure clients timelines and needs are met.
- A minimum of MSc. or PhD degree;
- Lab experience, trouble shooting and assay development;
- Experience in at least one of the following fields: Metabolism, Toxicology, Biochemistry or Molecular biology;
- Understanding of Good Laboratory Principles (GLP);
- Ability to work with radiolabeled compounds (level 5B or higher)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the Dutch and English language;
- You are a client-orientated team player;
- You have an enthusiastic, flexible- and pro-active attitude.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company;
- The ability to develop further in your field of expertise;
- Good salary and additional benefits;
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, Corporate Social Responsibility Program;
- An open company culture and a pleasant, informal atmosphere;