This job is currently Archived,
Strategy Project Director for Corporate Strategy - Denmark
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- Do you want to impact the strategic direction of our company and challenge the way we work with corporate strategy?
- Do you excel in strategic thinking and business development?
- Can you drive challenging agendas with senior stakeholders?
- Then you could be our new Strategy Project Director in the Corporate Strategy team.
About the department
Corporate Strategy is responsible for developing the company Corporate Strategy, including the corporate strategic planning process and larger strategy projects for Executive Management. This includes establishing strategic initiatives, driving strategic assessments of our company’s business areas and portfolios as well as analysis and execution of acquisitions and divestitures.
- As Strategy Project Director in Corporate Strategy you will lead our company’s corporate strategic processes in collaboration with the Vice President.
- Reflecting a more dynamic environment and need for effective execution, you will help define the approach for the company Corporate Strategy and develop a clear strategic direction and recommendations to Executive Management in collaboration with senior stakeholders representing all functions in our company.
- You will support stakeholders in defining key challenges to be addressed, develop the right recommendation and anchor the strategy with the organisation to ensure successful execution. You are responsible for communicating the corporate strategy and anchoring the strategic direction in functional and product area strategies.
- It is a core part of the role to lead the strategic related activities, and you will indirectly manage 2-3 colleagues in the department involved in the strategy planning activities
- In addition, you are expected to drive larger strategic projects on behalf of Executive Management.
- It can be proposals for new business opportunities within our company , longer term strategic outlook on specific areas, partnership opportunities etc.
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders including Executive Management is an important part of the role; therefore the ability to communicate at all organisational levels is essential to achieve the desired goals. You will work across the organisation and geographies, therefore strong collaboration and relationship building skills are crucial.
- Solid business understanding combined with at least 10 years of relevant experience in working with strategy is a must.
- You may have been engaged with a top tier strategy consultancy house or a large and professional company and for sure you have driven core strategy processes in a complex business environment.
- It is also given that you are able to lead large strategic projects on behalf of Executive Management and at the same time ensuring holistic strategic solutions to often multifaceted business challenges. Your educational background can be within natural sciences, economy or commerce.
- You thrive in a busy environment, bring a can-do attitude, and you maintain a healthy sense of humour, also when the pressure is high.
- You are a team player, but also enjoy working independently. You have the ability to manage and engage people with an empathetic motivational approach.
- Your education and work experience has provided you with strong analytical skills, a strategic mind-set and approach, as well as a personal leadership drive.
- You are a strong communicator in English with a high bar for quality in deliveries.
Working with Us:
- We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes.
- We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.