- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain the company's cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company’s Corporate Real Estate & Workplace (CREW) team handles strategic capital investment planning, campus planning and design, space assignment, moves and management for company facilities.
- Our work includes strategic planning to align business needs with capital solutions, identify siting, master planning, design oversight, space acquisition and development requirements, plan occupancy and manage the real estate portfolio to optimize asset utilization.
- We work closely with our company colleagues across the entire organization in providing space to accommodate our rapid growth, and we work at a high level to determine how and where we will use space, and at the tactical level to ensure the business needs regarding space and workplace are fully met in project execution.
- The Strategy Analyst will be responsible for supporting CREW in strategic planning activities.
- This is an early-career opportunity for an ambitious and agile individual who has had ~1-2 years of post-college experience in business in an analytical capacity, and who is interested in helping to shape the real estate footprint of a growing mission-oriented biotech company.
- Support CREW planning team in activities pertinent to real estate strategy, master planning, and other related areas:
- Develop presentation materials with attention to crafting both content/strategic messaging and polished/professional graphic structuring/design/formatting.
- Create or update Excel-based models to track and project utilization and demand for space or other real estate resources.
- Create or update BI-based models to project future demand and track planning metrics for real estate resources.
- Support global real estate planning activities using scenario planning, portfolio analysis, business unit requirements and solicitation of employee feedback.
- Support management with special projects and initiatives for global real estate strategy. including alternative workplace studies, occupancy trending, market research, and other ad hoc projects.
- Handle project management oriented tasks, including alignment with BMRN internal capital projects group’s budgeting and tracking or record keeping procedures
- Support data analysis requests to derive insights for real estate needs.
- Work with CREW and Capital Projects Management staff to generate and define high level project plans as necessary.
- Develop and draft any other needed support documents, e.g. FAQs, talking points, e-mails, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for creating graphs and charts to concisely convey relevant data, trends, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking ability.
- Ability to create and update intermediate to advanced level spreadsheets
- Ability to manage and handle sensitive financial information relating to project cost reports, facilities planning, etc.
- Ability to exercise high levels of resourcefulness in seeking information and solving problems.
- Understanding of, or ability to learn, real estate concepts and terminology.
- Aptitude to ensure accurate and timely document production.
- Contribute to achievement of department objectives.
- Ability to work with little supervision: meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates.
- Demonstrated self-motivator and proactive in managing long-term or on-going real estate/development projects in balance with daily routine.
- Creative problem and interpersonal skills.
- Proven teamwork orientation and skills.
- Model best practices in relation to BMRN standards.
- Supports team building and development activities.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have advanced level computer skills: Internet navigation, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, fast moving priorities.
- Experience in corporate strategy or management consulting role.
- Agility in coordinating with teams virtually across multiple international geographic locations.
- Experience in a real estate, design, or construction functional environment.
- Understanding of biotech concepts and terminology.
- Familiarity with Oracle.
Bachelor’s Degree, with coursework in business, economics, architecture/design/real estate, or related fields. Graduate degree would be a plus.
Primary work tools are personal computers and related peripheral devices (printers, scanners).
May require occasional direct supervision of consultants and contractors.