Strategic Sourcing Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
- We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- The Strategic Sourcing Associate position provides the support for outsourcing of various products and services for our company and Company in support of LRL Discovery Research. This position works closely with business partners to deliver on their objectives.
- In addition, it is essential to partner with key support functions such as legal, compliance, IT, finance, and quality within Company.
- This role is responsible for developing and executing category sourcing strategies for key outsourcing initiatives in support of global laboratory equipment and laboratory instrument services.
- This will include clarifying and at times challenging the business requirements, research recommendation of qualified suppliers, marketplace research and feasibility, facilitate the data driven selection process, plan and execute the negotiation strategy, negotiate the terms and pricing of contracts, and facilitate supplier relationship management to maximize supplier value and performance.
- The Strategic Sourcing Associate will also be responsible for analyzing spend, forecasting and identifying future business needs, demonstrate expertise in the supply chain, develop improvements to the category strategies to increase future value and reduce risk and influence supplier innovation.
- Interacting with client area management to develop a sourcing strategy for third parties consistent with the staffing plan and strategy of their business.
- Working with business client area to identify and support sourcing projects that reduce risk, timeline or cost and add value without sacrificing quality.
- Leading sourcing projects including sourcing strategy development, market analysis, supplier negotiations and relationship management.
- Coordinate with business partners to manage outsourcing and supplier management activities related to any required project change orders (pricing negotiations and final execution)Developing and maintaining knowledge of dynamics in the global markets and Pharma industry.
- Support company client area operations and requirements by working directly with client area leadership, IT, compliance, legal, finance, quality, operations and other functions to accomplish business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree At least two years of strategic sourcing experience for good and/or services
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Proven skills in conflict resolution
- Ability to manage professional relationships between our company and suppliers.
- Ability to network and influence across all levels of management and across organizations
- Ability to manage work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Proven problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills
- 2-5 years of Procurement / Professional Sourcing experience
- Experience in managing third party relationships including selection, negotiations, contracting and problem resolution skills.
- Procurement rotations which have demonstrated breadth in working in different areas in support of Procurement activities –Manufacturing, Research and Development, IT, Marketing and Sales, or Corporate Services
- CPM or CPSM certification a plus
- MBA a plus
- Travel Requirements:
- Some international and domestic travel (supplier visits and possible trade show attendance) 0%-10%
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.