Strategic Capabilities Team Lead – (12 month Fixed Term Contract) - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- This role will report to the Director for Strategic Development to lead the design and implementation of a Strategic Capability model aligned to the UK Human Health (HH) strategy.
- Working in partnership with key business stakeholders to identify core capability requirements for the future, they will lead the Strategic Capabilities partners and utilize internal and external resources to deliver upon these; it will also require an external focus, particularly to the NHS, understanding what strategic capabilities our company will need to develop in order to interface better with our customers.
- This role requires the ability to develop credibility and trust with the business; being sought as a trusted partner and integral to developing skills and capabilities across our organisation to build an agile, flexible and efficient workforce, who will thrive in the future environment.
- Lead the Strategic Capabilities team (group of 3) to realize the new Strategic Capability model for the UK.
- Consult with business leaders to develop deep stakeholder understanding of strategic capability requirements.
- Use this understanding to inform activities, shape the strategic capability offerings and co-create solutions that deliver measurable outcomes.
- Evolve and adapt innovative learning strategies to create effective learning plans of action for defined strategic capabilities.
- Identify strategic capability requirements for specific roles and functions within the organisation, aligned to those identified in the strategic capability framework.
- Leads needs assessment and gap analysis to pinpoint areas of opportunity for multiple and/or long term learning solutions and advises on appropriateness of learning solutions.
- Knowledge and utilisation of all internal resources (Learning Shared Solutions (LSS), Medical Affairs, Marketing, Legal and Compliance, HR) to identify advanced-level solutions leveraging complex leading edge and/or innovative methodologies and technologies.
- Collaboration across EUCan learning leads, LSS as the preferred vendor supplier and Global Commercial Learning to provide appropriate learning solutions.
- Develops a broad understanding of best practices in the external learning environment and uses this insight to source new and leading edge technologies and vendors that better serve company’s strategic capability requirements.
- Apply advanced understanding of different evaluation methodologies to analyse and communicate the effectiveness of solutions and make recommendations on opportunities to improve.
- Role model Strategic Capability Partner behaviours and actively support the new strategic capability model.
- Support Director for Strategic Development in the development of core competencies across the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/qualifications
- In depth knowledge of the developing NHS and industry trends which will inform organisational capabilities.
- Outstanding functional area knowledge and detailed understanding of our company’s broader learning offerings.
- Experience in Organisational Development, Learning & Development or related roles
- Experience in people management would be advantageous
- CIPD or equivalent in Learning & Development is desirable
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Animal Health, Medical, Compliance, Manager, Strategy, Veterinary, Healthcare, Legal, Management