Strategic & Relationship Manager – Clinical and R&D - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The RnD Procurement Manager (RnDPM) will be responsible for supporting the operational and logistic aspects within the RnD Organization by optimizing purchase of goods and/or services.
- Within the role, the RnDPM will be responsible to identify and manage Clinical Research Organizations (CROs), central laboratories and technical external service providers (ESPs) to provide strategic sourcing options for successful trial delivery and to ensure the delivery of quality, timely and cost-effective external resources to support global activities.
- In addition, the RnDPM will ensure all sourcing activities are conducted in a manner that conforms to an ethical process as well as adherence to all applicable internal and external compliance standards, processes and guidelines.
Most important task of the job:
- Negotiate contract terms, including pricing, deliverables, milestones, resourcing commitments, payment schedule and metrics
- Create costing and resourcing scenarios
- Proactively monitor adherence to contractual terms and conditions and support reconciliations
- Escalate and track issues internally and within ESPs as required to ensure delivery of quality and value
- Monitor ESP trial performance and quality to ensure that ESPs deliver excellent value (cost savings, quality and risk management)
- Partner with project teams, functional areas and ESPs in forecasting and managing required trial delivery resources
- Continuously monitor the outsourcing environment to keep current with strategic resourcing strategies, best practices, ESPs, industry sourcing trends, Key Performance Indicators and performance benchmarks
- Develop all necessary tools and processes to establish an efficient and transparent working environment.
The primary location for this role is company‘s office. It is expected that RnDPM will have to travel internationally, as required by the RnD activities.
- The RnDPM will report to and will be supervised by the Chief Scientific Officer, within the RnD organization, with dotted line to Head of Procurement / VP Clinical Development.
Qualification and Experience:
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Any additional language is a “nice to have“.
Proficient in use of a PC and common Microsoft packages such as Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint in addition to technical software required for the specific function like SAP. Good knowledge of drug development, clinical development and related activities.
- 5+ years in relevant functions in the Pharmaceutical Industry, or equivalent, 3+ years in sourcing experience, contract management and ESP management, previous experience in CRO (or equivalent) is an advantage, familiarity with outsourcing industry, i.e. trends, service categories, (CRO, Central Laboratories, other specialty ESPs), proven Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with successful oversight of vendor/strategic partner relationships, including significant outsourced operations, and proven track record of ensuring quality deliverables or services in a cost effective manner.
- As a team player you manage to build a team spirit.
- You are tolerant and considerate to be an active and open communicator and share knowledge and experience with other team members.
- You have a hands – on attitude as well as a result-orientated way of work. You have the ability to manage multiple programs and processes simultaneously.
To be part of a growing team dedicated to improving access-to-medicine, we offer opportunities to bring forward ideas, lead change and ongoing opportunities for personal development and growth in an international company.