Strategic Account Manager (Charlotte, NC) Charlotte United States,
WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking a Strategic Account Manager responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with key customers through the development and implementation of effective account strategies. A subject matter expert in the North American drug discovery and pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, the Strategic Account Manager will drive and deliver sales by understanding the needs of key customers and developing strategic plans to meet those needs. The Strategic Account Manager will also support key customers through collaboration, education, training and assistance on the utilization of instruments and consumables for drug discovery synthesis. This role will be based in our Charlotte, NC office with frequent travel to customer locations.
Key Accountabilities/Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for achieving strategic account growth objectives by establishing and nurturing strong B2B relationships with existing customers and prospective accounts.
- Increase sales revenue by identifying new accounts and discovering opportunities within portfolio accounts.
- Lead the deployment of corporate-wide resources to provide comprehensive products, services, and solutions to strategic accounts.
- Partner with Regional Sales Managers, Technical Sales Representatives as well as sales support functions to devise effective account strategies for each key customer.
- Stay current on existing and new Biotage products and marketing/sales campaigns to maximize sales opportunities.
- Develop effective product positioning via innovative solutions and ideas that address customer needs.
- Research and capture market intelligence as well as customer and sector specific competitive intelligence.
- Track results of strategic initiatives and update account profiles in the Company’s CRM (Salesforce.com).
- Act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction in all assigned key accounts.
- Serve as the internal resource of knowledge for all account-specific intelligence and interface activities.
- Responsible for creating and updating profiles of key accounts in the Company’s CRM (Salesforce.com).
- At least 15 years of strategic sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment within the Life Sciences industry.
- Extensive experience in managing a portfolio of key/strategic accounts and aligning technical products and services to their needs.
- Strong business acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to identifying the challenges, risks, and opportunities of customers and strong ability to influence change in customer work processes.
- Strong ability to gain comprehensive product and industry knowledge quickly; ability to position the Company’s products and services against competitors.
- Must have the ability to identify key-stakeholders within accounts, and extract understanding of their challenges and expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong aptitude for customer relationship building.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with, and instill confidence in, a wide range of customer personas, from technical end users to Directors and Vice Presidents of multi-national corporations.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision in a highly matrixed sales and service environment.
- Demonstrate strong drive and determination to succeed. Must have a proven track record of success in meeting/exceeding aggressive year over year new business sales goals of $5MM+ and an understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence customers’ buying behavior and gain support from internal resources.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the financial impact of pricing and discounting decisions on overall corporate profitability objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of the Life Sciences / pharmaceutical industry in North America.
- Requires proficiency in CRM software (Salesforce.com preferred) and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with business-to-business complex selling environment involving partnerships with other third-party vendors.
- Advanced degree, MS or PhD preferred. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a science related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Must be able to lift Biotage instruments from floor to lab bench.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and handle. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Overnight travel up to 40% will be necessary in the field to interface with prospects clients and existing customers.
The position will work out of our Charlotte, NC office with frequent travel to customer sites.
- Office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Customer sites: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level at customer sites are usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates should go here to apply.
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.
Find a Job Find Candidates