Storage Services – Technical Lead Job - Czechia
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group in Singapore. As part of that team, you will help launch our new IT Global Innovation Center focused on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment. Overall, our new Global Innovation Center in Singapore and hubs located in Charlotte NC, Branchburg NJ, and Prague offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Lead small project team focused on small operational engineering and operation related work.
• Directly support Managed Services oversight for Storage & File Services.
• Participate in discussions with stakeholders over Storage & File Services incidents and issue resolution processes
• Escalate issues and concerns to upper management for review and action
• Participate in various cadence meetings to drive Operational Excellence
Monitor & Drive Metrics
o Provide early detection of issues and trends
o Enable quick resolution of issues that do not meet level of performance contracted
o Ensure continual improvement
o Hold Managed Services Vendor accountable to their roles and responsibilities required to support contracted service delivery to the Customer
o Review of metrics with upper management verifying the Managed Services provider is performing up to the contract
Monitor & Drive SLA Performance
o Monitor and Communicate with the Managed Services provider on their compliance with SLA/KPI’s ensuring effective utilization of the Managed Services Provider
o Drive Managed Service provider to achieve operational excellence via SLA compliance
o Discuss outstanding work, progress to date, estimated completion times
o Spot potential problems and assign actions to appropriate parties
o Driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement to decrease turnaround time, improve efficiency, improve customer satisfaction, and decrease errors and incidents
o Ensure Customer satisfaction and timely delivery of services
The Storage Services – Technical Lead is required to support the full lifecycle ITIL based, operational oversight of Managed Services I/T Infrastructure. He/she will be required to lead discussions with the Managed Services provider to ensure contractual compliance and to ensure work is being completed with quality and in a timely manner to meet business I/T requirements.
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications and Experience:
Education Minimum Requirement:
• MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years relevant experience in Managed Services oversight of Core Infrastructure
• Strong ITIL and process discipline to ensure compliance within the managed services framework and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
• Prior experience leading Global teams as part of Service Delivery of Infrastructure
5-7 years relevant I/T Technical Experience in Storage related Infrastructure.
• Network Attached Storage (NAS) – NetApp FAS, EMC Isilon
• Storage Array Network (SAN) – EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, HPE 3PAR, HPE CS700, Cisco MDS, Brocade
3-5 years relevant I/T Systems Administration experience in Storage related Infrastructure
• Experience with EMC Unisphere, EMC Solution Enabler, EMC ViPR, VNX Monitoring and Reporting, HPE 3PAR Management Console, Cisco Fabric/Device Manager, NetApp Operation Manager, NetApp WFA, EMC Isilon InsightIQ
• Experience with SRDF, SANCopy, Open Replicator, Replication Manager, Clone and Snap, FAST for VNX and VMAX
3-5 years relevant working knowledge in File Services related administration
• NTFS security principles, Unix/Linux security principles
• CIFS/SMB share management, NFS mount management
• Global Namespace Technologies – Isilon OneFS
3-5 years relevant Experience and working knowledge in the following
• Experience with ITIL, Remedy, CMDB, Change Control process
• Support storage hardware, configurations, upgrades, capacity/performance planning, troubleshooting issues escalated from off shore team.
• Individual must demonstrate a high level of business acumen; ability to get along well with diverse personalities—flexible
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities. Mindset that enables solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment while delivering on service promises. Able to develop and adapt business processes after evaluating multiple solutions
• Able to maintain both a short and long term vision around business trends and strategies
• Able to contribute to the development of current and future service delivery offerings to support the overall client relationship needs
• Exercises sound, prudent and ethical business judgment at all times
• Understands cross-cultural business practices; demonstrates a sensitivity and awareness to other people and culture. Possess ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings
• Possess strong negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate required
• Able to manage multiple initiatives at one time. Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
• Can think big picture and also demonstrate an ability to be detail oriented; anticipate and know when to get into the details
• Tactical, as well as strategic thinking and creative problem solving
• Ability to collaborate with others
• Good negotiation and presentation skills
• Fluent in English, in both oral and written communication
• Understanding and effectively communicating across multiple languages and cultures is an advantage.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Cisco, Linux, Unix, Engineering, Technology