Storage Engineer Job
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Have you heard about MSD?
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Note: MSD is known as Merck in the United States and Canada.
Please chek our website: www.msdit.cz
For this opportunity we are seeking:
Storage Engineer who will be part of a high-performing global team responsible for managing MSD's large, geographically dispersed NAS, SAN and Backup infrastructure. He/She will leverage industry leading tools and processes to provide high quality, reliable, and cost effective data storage services to the global MSD customers.
We are looking for Senior Professional who should have:
- 7-10 years relevant IT Technical Experience in Storage related Infrastructure.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) – NetApp FAS, EMC Isilon
- Storage Array Network (SAN) – EMC VMAX, EMC VNX
- Cloud storage
- At least 7 years relevant IT Systems Administration experience in Storage related Infrastructure:
- Experience with EMC Unisphere, EMC Solutions Enabler, VNX Monitoring and Reporting, HP 3PAR Management Console, Cisco Fabric/Device Manager, NetApp Operation Manager, Isilon InsightIQ
- Experience with SRDF, SANCopy, Open Replicator, Replication Manager, Clone and Snap, FAST for VNX and VMAX
- 3-5 years relevant Experience and working knowledge in the following
- Experience with ITIL, Remedy, CMDB, Change Control process.
- Support storage hardware, configurations, upgrades, capacity/performance planning, troubleshooting issues escalated from off shore team.
- Platform OS administration, i.e. Unix, Linux, VMware, etc.
- Powershell scripting.
- Experience in Converged Infrastructure and Hyperconverged infra is a plus
On this position you will:
- Act as a Storage subject matter expert and offer help and advice to colleagues from various other teams.
- Independently identify, evaluate and provide engineering for technologies within the Storage services (Block,
- File, Object, Data Protection, etc.). Identify, develop, test and deploy Storage infrastructure.
- Take initiative to influence next generation storage services in MSD is heading, what technologies, capabilities and standards.
- Plan and execute proof of concept work for new technologies, see them through the whole cycle from idea to implementation.
- Lead projects and teams focused on engineering work. Plan work, deliver to timelines, and proactive manage independently.
- Actively participate in research and evaluation of standard technology resources vs. external options, and provide input on technical solution alternatives.
- Drive platform roadmaps with the development of new engineering releases of Storage infra software and hardware standards.
- Drive process improvements through the use of automation.
- Drive innovation with thought leadership and technical expertise.
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration Job Title:Storage Engineer
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Engineer, Linux, Cisco, Unix, Engineering, Research, Technology