This job is currently Archived,
Statistician - Denmark
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Do you have a strong interest in applying statistical methods to biological or public health problems and are you experienced in Statistics in the areas of Health Economics, Outcome Research, Epidemiology, or Real-World Evidence?
- We are looking for people at different seniority levels and with different educational and experience background.
- If you have a M.Sc. or PhD in statistics, economics or public health then there is an opportunity to join the Global Analytics Department at our company.
- Our company is a global company striving for global leadership within psychiatry and neurology by improving the lives of patients.
Global Analytics Department
- The department is part of the Biometric Division, which also includes Biostatistics, Clinical Data Management & Standards and Biometric Programming & Systems. We are currently 5 Statisticians/Econometricians located in Copenhagen and 1 located in Singapore.
- Together we keep abreast of current practices in drug development, state-of-the-art scientific and methodological aspects within the field of Statistics, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), and Epidemiology / Real-World-Evidence (RWE).
- In close collaboration with other highly skilled professionals in the organization, the Global Analytics department contributes to robust and solid evidence generation activities throughout a clinical development program to meet the evidentiary requirements for market access beyond regulatory requirements.
- The department is also strongly involved in patient segmentation and design of clinical studies.
With the increasing requirements from Health Technology Assessment agencies (HTA) and payers, and increasing use of RWE throughout the lifecycle of clinical projects, we offer an attractive and challenging job in a dynamic atmosphere with great opportunities for personal and scientific development and with focus on a good work-life balance.
- As we are looking for people with different profiles, the job roles vary in content and responsibility.
- As a statistician you will be responsible for providing statistical input to HTA related activities and take the responsibility for the methodology for comparative evidence generation (e.g. systematic literature review and network meta-analysis).
- For health economic models, you will be involved in the strategy, development, generation of input data and interpretation of model results.
- Other activities include exploratory analysis on clinical study data, input to publications and you will participate in global cross-functional working groups responsible for market access strategy, coordination and execution.
- As a RWE statistician you will be responsible for providing statistical input to the design of and protocol for field and database epidemiological studies, and take the responsibility of statistical analysis plans, statistical analyses and interpretation of results.
- This includes but is not limited to studies with the objective to understand the etiology of disease, characterize patients (e.g. patient segments or phenotypes) or to determine risk factors (e.g. genetic and environmental).
- Other activities include contribution to publications and you will participate in RWE and bioinformatics related working groups.
Our preferred candidate
- has a M.Sc. or PhD degree in statistics, economics or public health
- has experience as biostatistician in the pharmaceutical industry or has an strong interest in applying statistical methods to biological problems e.g. from working in a public health institution
- has experience with epidemiological studies, HTA activities, publications, or network meta-analysis
- has programming experience and familiarity with statistical software packages such as SAS and R
- is analytical, goal-oriented, innovative and proactive
- is a team player and enjoys the interaction with colleagues and collaborators from different functional areas
- is fluent in oral and written English
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.