Statistical Programmer/Data Scientist (Real World Data) - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- As part of our new global ‘ in house’ Real World Informatics (RWI) team we have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist / Statistical Programmer to provide expertise in helping us shape and scope the creation of research protocols and assess the capabilities of databases used by RWI globally across the company.
- The deliverables of this role form an integral part of the RWI mission and requires expertise in the creation, control and maintenance of statistical programs for the creation of tables, figures and listings; as well as usage of existing commercial databases and other real-world data sets.
- The successful individual will be able to recognize statistical issues as they create protocols and data definitions and will be able to collaborate with RWI colleagues in recommending the address for these issues
- The role holds responsibility for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across multiple products and therapeutic areas to provide statistical and database expertise, supporting multiple sized projects. Projects will be defined as, but not limited to, unique hypotheses explored within external databases, publications or internal business analytics, simulated and/or real-world application of advanced statistical methodology.
- The results produced must be reproducible and statistically sound.
- Provide advice on analytics plans or study designs across a broad user base from medical to commercial
- Execute study plans or protocols using SAS, SQL, R or other statistical programming languages, prepare data, create new variables, and perform statistical testing
- Be responsible for the statistical contribution to retrospective and prospective research protocols to support RWI objectives.
- Lead the development and maintenance of SAS programs for the creation of tables, figures, and listings for projects, meeting regularly with stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding of the protocol design, required output and timelines.
- Provide expertise in performing QC of SAS and R programs as part of the peer review process.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Masters/PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Maths
- Excellent SQL programming skills with experience of large databases, particularly claims/healthcare databases
- Strong SAS and R programming skills with a good understanding of SAS analytic tools (SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH)
- Knowledge of coding against common real-world data types (claims and EMR) and common data models
- Experience in health analytics and/or stats & coding experience
- Good communication skills, able to interact across a varied client group in a matrix organisation
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language (e.g. C++, Java) and/or statistical package (e.g. R, S-Plus, Stata)