Staff Software Engineer - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
BD Biosciences is currently seeking Staff Software Engineers to join our exciting and growing team. At BD Biosciences you will have the opportunity to create software applications that are used to help all people live healthy lives.
The Staff Engineer - Software is responsible for defining, determining, and conveying critical design factors and system/technical architecture for software products and complex systems. Regularly involved in key technical decisions affecting software products or pertaining to software development. Receives limited direction and is expected to help set own goals through knowledge of Segment and Business Unit strategy, plans, and goals.
- Design, develop and document software products.
- Build unit tests to and API tests to automate the software testing
- Research, recommend, estimate, prototype and initiate the development of products, methodologies, and technologies.
- Work with Project Manager /Product Owner to establish project milestones, timelines, drive estimation and priorities
- Implement designs for new and enhancements for existing software products. Recommend design direction or modifications of software system components.
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within the software application including device communication, business and user interface layers
- Collaborate in requirements definition and establishing software specifications
- Understand how the software application operates, is structured, and how customers use it
- Conduct code inspections and technical reviews
- Research solutions to technical problems
- Mentor other software developers to create high quality, robust software
- Monitor work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- 5+ years of experience in software development engineering.
- 5+ years of Object Oriented Design.
- 5+ years of Object Oriented Programming.
- Extensive experience in C#/.NET experience.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex software applications highly desired.
- Action oriented with a focus on results
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience with the Agile\Scrum process.