This job is currently Archived,
Staff scientist in Chromatin Replication and Epigenomics in the Groth Group København Denmark,
Posted on : 26 May 2017
- The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary research team working on how epigenetic information is transmitted in proliferating cells.
- In particular, the lab is currently developing a panel of genomic tools to interrogate the impact of DNA replication on epigenome composition and transcription.
- The tasks will involve cell biology, genome editing and cutting-edge functional genomics (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, RNA-seq, Hi-seq) including data analysis. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to and support the ongoing research projects in the group on an ad hoc basis when needed, disseminate his/her expertise to new lab members and support the lab management.
Qualifications and skills
We expect you to be highly motivated with the following qualifications:
- A PhD in Life sciences Documented experience in cell biology, molecular and biochemical techniques, and/or expertise in NGS data workflow and analysis (e.g. ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, RNA-seq, Hi-seq) Background in chromatin biology, epigenomics or cancer genomics
- Proven ability to envision, plan and execute a research project
- Good organization and flexibility
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
- The ideal candidate will be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
Place of employment
- We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment.
- Our research facilities include modern laboratories and a number of core facilities shared between the 23 research groups.
- We have weekly journal clubs, data clubs, seminars with invited speakers, a young researchers club ASAP and our own PhD programme, MoMeD.
Terms of salary and employment
The employment is as staff scientist (AC-TAP) at Groth Research Group. The appointment is fixed-term, full-time. Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization.
1165 København Denmark
Find a Job Find Candidates