Staff Scientist, Drug Metabolism - United States
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Staff Scientist working on the Drug Metabolism team, you will be empowered to drive research and development and drug development, and a typical day will include:
Serve as Drug Metabolism expert to small molecule project teams, provide input into research strategies, and collaborate across departments and with global Takeda sites in advancing compounds to IND filing.
- Support drug discovery and early development programs by providing relevant scientific and strategic input with respect to drug metabolism
- Design, execute, and report key drug metabolism studies to support compound progression from lead optimization to clinical candidate selection across several therapeutic areas.
- Collaborate with chemists to address structure-Metabolism relationship and support optimization of DMPK properties during lead discovery
- Design appropriate metabolism related studies to evaluate potential metabolism related drug liabilities
- Propose species for toxicity studies based on predicted coverage of human in vitro metabolites
- Design appropriate studies to identify and measure small molecule-protein adducts
- May design appropriate large molecule metabolism studies, including ADC discovery
- Support ADME related studies
- Work closely with department colleagues to coordinate work for project teams
- Keep an accurate notebook according to company policy
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
- Follow company safety procedures
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Natural Product Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 12+ years of relevant experience or
- MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Natural Product Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 10+ years of relevant experience
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Natural Product Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of drug metabolism and ADME related assays is desired.
- Strong skills within LC/MS data acquisition and interpretation of MS/MS fragmentation data is required
- Proficiency in LC/MS and Metabolite ID related processing software desired
- Experience in writing Met ID reports is a plus
- Experience in identification of intact large molecules and peptide mapping by HRMS is a plus
- Experience with MS based biomarker analysis is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix and team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- May travel to various domestic conferences or client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required
- A minimum of 2 % travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.