For the earliest possible start date we are searching for a highly qualified
Staff Pathologist (m/f)
join our Translational Biology and Medical Science team in our Munich, Germany office.
- Providing Pathology support to all Definiens teams in their daily work including tissue annotation and cell / cancer classification (on slides and images) including related Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA)
- Supporting service and project work with customers and Definiens teams
- Making medical/pathology related decisions and recommendations at all levels in support of the related business objectives
- Applying pathology concepts that contribute to development of company concepts of Tissue Phenomics and Digital Pathology to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways
- Supporting various ongoing assay and imaging platform development projects across the company
- Serving as the medical representative on core project teams
Qualifications & Skills
- Medical (M.D.) or veterinary degree (D.V.M.) and board certified in anatomical/surgical pathology or similar qualifications
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in tissue biomarker discovery and analysis (if possible in pharmaceutical/diagnostic industry)
- General knowledge in tissue diagnostics (histology, cytology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, molecular pathology, genetics)
- Familiar with digital pathology and digitization is of advantage
- Proven track record in cancer diagnostics (oncology)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High level of self-motivation and good team working skills
This is a challenging and rewarding position within a pioneering company that works with cutting edge technologies. We offer a modern, creative and international working environment with highly motivated and well-qualified colleagues, team spirit and excellent working conditions with comprehensive benefits and ongoing professional development opportunities.
For more information, please visit: www.definiens.com.