This job is currently Archived,
Staff Engineer - Scientist - United States
Posted on : 22 December 2017
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Staff Engineer/Scientist working in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Staff Engineer/Scientist working on the Pharmaceutical Operations team, you will be empowered to synthesize manufacturing data into knowledge that can be used to make decisions with respect to product disposition. and manage and prioritize tasks providing support to Contract Manufacturing, Quality, and Validation for deviation investigation, change controls, and a typical day will include:
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Prepares protocols and technical reports.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data ( to supervisor, project teams) and prepares associated technical reports.
- Proposes and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Participate actively on project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Assists with the development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Supports local initiatives as directed and participates in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Serves as a technical resource and leverages expertise in process technology as a functional resource (SME)
- Coordinates within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience,
- Previous experience working in cGMP manufacturing setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions using appropriate information
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Technical - Advanced proficiency in the understanding of GMP manufacturing equipment and operations
- May require up to 30% travel
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
Biologics - Cell Culture: Statistical analysis techniques; Experience with cell culture and aseptic techniques; Experience laboratory equipment that supports cell culture, such as bioreactors, metabolite analyzers, shake flasks, cell culture plates; Familiar with large scale cell culture manufacturing; Experience with equipment automation and control.
Biologics - Purification: Solid understanding of chromatographic and other protein separation principles; Hands-on experience with the development and scale-up of purification processes and the use of bioseparation equipment; Knowledge of design of experiments principles and statistical analysis techniques; Experience with standard analytical assays
Biologics – ADC: Solid understanding of bioconjugation principles; Experience with common conjugation chemistries; Knowledge of design of experiments principles and statistical analysis techniques; Handling of cytotoxic compounds required; Experience with standard bioconjugation assays
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.