Staff Engineer, Quality - Perm Role - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Our company is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
- The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
- Our products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- You will work within the quality operations team, under minimal supervision, with responsibility for quality related activities, including, but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with operations and the business functions to ensure quality performance of product and processes.
- Mentors, provides oversight and approval of NC & CAPA, activist and high level expert in problem solving and root causing activities.
- Initiates and lead in the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
- Oversight and leads investigations during concession management.
- Review and approval of change management activities, challenges change effectiveness and drives strong review.
- Interpret KPI trends, take action as necessary, driving a continuous improvement process.
- Advocate of Human Factor practices, proficient in the science of Human Factor identification and mitigation.
- Subject matter expert in risk management practices and tools, having high expertise in process risk.
- Develop and provide input for risk management by identifying opportunities and weaknesses.
- Proficiency in and provides technical direction in optimization of inspection methods and sampling.
- High proficiency in statistical methods and application.
- Participate in and may lead internal & external audits with regulatory representatives, providing effective narrative and description of topic of expertise and overview of the business. Manages audit logistics and preparation.
- Aids in the development of validation strategies, certified in 1 or more areas of validation including approval of validation.
- Support manufacturing transfers to other plants/facilities, leading quality activities.
- Responsible for initiation, management and support of ship, product Holds, potential product escapes.
- Coach and mentor the quality team and others business function in quality topics and activities, with several topics at expert level.
- Deputises proficiently for management in temporary absence, periodic review boards, business meetings etc on a regular basis.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Engineering or equivalent/ related subject and 4 years of work experience in a quality discipline, or
- Masters of Science, Engineering or related subject with 2 years of experience
- Previous experience in a regulated environment required.
- CQE or equivalent course work / experience desirable
- Proficient in understanding of Med Device manufacturing processes required.
- Proficient in ISO 13485, GDP, GMP.
- Lean Six Sigma training a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of engineering and quality practices & methods.
- High level of PC skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Exhibits strong leadership and mentoring behaviours.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to work as part of a multi-site team, with some travel required.
- High level knowledge/experience of Risk Based and statistical techniques, in particular process risk, statistical sampling plans, Process Capability, Gauge R&Rs.
- Highly developed problem solving and strong analytical skills.
- Builds strong relationships by fostering open communications, respect and trust. Strong team player and acts with a customer service/stakeholder focused approach
- Is diplomatic, tactful and leverages excellent interpersonal keys to help achieve outcomes.
- Presents as a change agent and adopts a continuous improvement orientation to the role
- Excellent English (both oral and written)
- Ability to be the voice of Quality when dealing cross functionally, will take the lead discussions / meetings to ensure the correct outcome.