This job is currently Archived,
Staff Engineer - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Performs a key role in executing significant projects for the PAS organization.
- The incumbent must maintain complete control over project timelines, budgets, risks, and facilitate timely decisions to maintain/mitigate them.
- The position requires regular updates to management, maintenance of trust relationships, and the ability to make prudent recommendations.
- Future job responsibilities may include the management and mentoring of more junior staff.
- The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team.
- Minimizes project exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and accurate.
- Manages project spending and provides estimates for new projects.
- Effectively and regularly communicates relevant project information to business leadership.
- Revolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Responsible for the activities and programs as defined for this position in the Quality Systems Manual.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Associates Degree in a technical discipline is required. Graduate degree is a plus.
At least 10 years of experience working significant projects. Project history should be multi-faceted, with demonstrated evidence of having to manage multiple work streams across functional groups to drive successful project outcomes.
Physical Requirements - Level 2
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pound occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, or negligible constantly. Walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting constantly and pushing/pulling controls.
Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in the use of computer application including Microsoft project.
The position is subject to inside environmental conditions typically associated with an office environment.