This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (Plastic Injection Molding) San Diego United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 22 October 2017
- Work with suppliers to establish and maintain controlled manufacturing processes utilizing PFMEA.
- Work with suppliers to establish control methods suitable to the nature of the parts they supply.
- Leads teams and manage product focus groups working with suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on measurement methodologies in their receiving inspection area.
- Build relationships with suppliers to ensure all levels of manufacturing understand BD requirements for injection molding.
- Responsible for supporting Development/Operations Engineering and manufacturing to resolve technical issues and implement corrective and preventive action.
- Particular working on the plastic and metal injection molded commodity
- Drive continuous improvement efforts, through facilitating, leading, and collaborating with cross functional teams including BD and Suppliers.
- Responsible for reporting of quality trends and information to management on the performance of plastic suppliers.
- Traveling is approximately 25%-40%.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategies for developing new suppliers.
- Work with supplier to establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and change control requirements.
- Follow up non-conformances during-process inspection, pre-shipment inspection, quality complaints from internal customers, product returns and safety recalls. Identify / drive root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action implementation.
- Participate in product and process audits as a lead inspector at Plastic molding supplier.
- Work Closely with Supplier Quality team to provide regular updates for Tooling and plastic parts.
- Develop younger Supplier Quality Engineers in the group in the area of Injection molding.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 to 10 years experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
- Experience with managing supplier quality in the production of plastic molding and metal forming processes.
San Diego, California
Find a Job Find Candidates