Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (Plastic Injection Molding) - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
- Work with suppliers to establish and maintain controlled manufacturing processes utilizing PFMEA.
- Work with suppliers to establish control methods suitable to the nature of the parts they supply.
- Leads teams and manage product focus groups working with suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on measurement methodologies in their receiving inspection area.
- Build relationships with suppliers to ensure all levels of manufacturing understand BD requirements for injection molding.
- Responsible for supporting Development/Operations Engineering and manufacturing to resolve technical issues and implement corrective and preventive action.
- Particular working on the plastic and metal injection molded commodity
- Drive continuous improvement efforts, through facilitating, leading, and collaborating with cross functional teams including BD and Suppliers.
- Responsible for reporting of quality trends and information to management on the performance of plastic suppliers.
- Traveling is approximately 25%-40%.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategies for developing new suppliers.
- Work with supplier to establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and change control requirements.
- Follow up non-conformances during-process inspection, pre-shipment inspection, quality complaints from internal customers, product returns and safety recalls. Identify / drive root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action implementation.
- Participate in product and process audits as a lead inspector at Plastic molding supplier.
- Work Closely with Supplier Quality team to provide regular updates for Tooling and plastic parts.
- Develop younger Supplier Quality Engineers in the group in the area of Injection molding.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 to 10 years experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
- Experience with managing supplier quality in the production of plastic molding and metal forming processes. Having a familiarity with PCB, PCBA, and electro-mechanical assemblies is a plus.
- Prior experience managing injection molding suppliers or a mold shop
- Prior experience implementing RGJ monitoring systems on molds
- Direct experience with supplier producing parts in a regulatory environment (i.e. GMPs, ISO13485, 21 CFR Part 20, EN46001, etc.) preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Quality Engineering discipline, including statistics.
- Strong working knowledge of DMAIC \Six Sigma problem solving process. Belt certified a big plus.
- Competent in Process Audit, CAPA, PPAP, Equipment Validation.
- Candidate must have high energy and lots of stamina. Must be a team player, and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously and independently.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.