Sr. Supervisor - Manufacturing Charleston United States,
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Alcami offers an integrated, end-to-end solution tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies so our customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. The Senior Supervisor, Manufacturing for our parenteral site in Charleston, SC is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by supervising and coordinating the daily activities of assigned staff, typically 5-8 direct reports. The senior supervisor develops production and resource plans to meet production goals in terms of safety, quality, output and cost. This leader ensures and conducts proper staff training and ensures that results are achieved or expectations are proactively managed towards alternative solutions. The senior supervisor offers guidance within the department to other supervisors and may take on additional responsibilities as needed. The position requires strong leadership behaviors of the Alcami core leadership competencies and non-negotiables, as well as functional capabilities in cGMP,
- Make project/work assignments and communicate expected results and timelines.
- Monitor progress against the timeline and provide trouble shooting as needed.
- Monitor the quality of the group and ensure adherence to personnel and equipment SOPs and other regulatory requirements.
- Optimize efficiency of the working environment of the group.
- Monitor conditions for equipment operations to minimize down time, lower maintenance cost, reduce project run times and rework.
- Effectively communicate with external customers and internal groups.
- Mentor, coach and provide guidance to other supervisors within the group.
- Lead investigations.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development, coaching/mentoring, engagement, retention and performance management of a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the site.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of related experience required; 5-8 preferred
- Prior pharmaceutical experience and experience within a FDA regulated industry required
- Prior CMO or CDMO or manufacturing experience preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
Find a Job Find Candidates