Sr. Specialist Retail Marketing – Pet Specialty Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position is committed to maximizing the full revenue potential of MAH consumer branded products in prescription and non-prescription environments. The incumbent will have responsibility for increasing product sales through the development and management of effective relationships with Pet Specialty stores (Pet Smart, Pet Co., Sam’s/Walmart, etc). Specific responsibilities include the development of mutually beneficial contract terms and conditions for the procurement, marketing and sale of MAH products; the implementation, oversight and measurement of consumer promotions executed collaboratively with Pet Specialty partners and the design and the execution of effective MAH product and promotion training for business partner pharmacies.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of effective marketing and business strategies for MAH products designed to rapidly grow market share.
- Conceptualization, design and execution of innovative consumer offers and measurement of impact on consumer purchasing behavior.
- Development and execution of product advertising via eCommerce and affiliated business partners sites and measurement of impact on consumer awareness and purchasing behavior.
- Design and execution of effective product and promotion training for business partner pharmacists and staff.
- Communication and management of critical informational and operational processes with business partners including product labeling and packaging requirements, product availability, product returns and adverse event reporting.
- Development and execution of mutually beneficial contracts with prospective Pet Specialty business partners
- Business planning, budgeting and allocation of internal advertising, promotion training and market support funds.
- Monitoring of consumer response to MAH products and offers collaborating with R&D, Manufacturing and Marketing teams to inform future product development, packaging and pricing efforts.
- Closely collaborates with BU Product Managers, Global Marketing, Global IT, Global eBusiness Services and related functional organizations with expertise and resources to assist with key programs and initiatives.
- Develop, monitor and adjust forecasts for all products within the Pet Specialty retail channel as needed to assist in inventory control.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of marketing, sales and/or relevant business experience
- Minimum of 4 years of business partner development / major account management experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods or Healthcare Products industry
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging consumer Pet Specialty advertising models and technologies (SEO, SEM, Affiliate Marketing, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Comfortable with, and experienced in, managing business critical discussions with top level executives of MAH and business partners.
- Advanced knowledge of consumer product sales and marketing strategies.
- Effective negotiation skills, prior experience successfully executing multi-million dollar agreements
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing business partner sales effectiveness and performance. Ability to identify and execute breakthrough outcomes.
- Highly innovative risk taker, willing to experiment with, measure and improve techniques for enhancing product sales.
- Strong strategic capability to successfully manage the sales of multiple brands or products
- Strong financial acumen and budget planning skills
- Excellent communicator, ability to positively influence internal and third party resources and present complicated findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed training skills – prior track record in improving team performance through effective training
- Strong computer and technology skills, including in-depth knowledge of techniques for maximizing the effectiveness of investments in digital media platforms and programs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master’s Degree/MBA preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Madison
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Marketing MBA, Retail Sales, Advertising, Marketing, Retail