Sr. Specialist, Regulatory Affairs CMC Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Regulatory Affairs organization helps bring new medical advancements to the world by facilitating the communications and procedures that allow swift, organized compliance across regulatory agencies. As a team of energetic, results-driven individuals, we’re a global network on the leading-edge of healthcare breakthroughs that help provide new, reliable, and compliant medical products, practices, and solutions to the world on time, every time.
Reporting to an Associate Director or Director, the Senior Specialist is responsible for implementing CMC regulatory strategies for assigned pharmaceutical pipeline or recently registered products in accordance with global regulations, guidances and defined regulatory strategies. The Senior Specialist is responsible for the preparation and review of information required for development of regulatory CMC dossiers for assigned products. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide input to global regulatory strategies by performing assessments of CMC changes associated with investigational products, identifying global regulatory requirements and critically evaluating supporting documentation to assess acceptability and identify potential risks.
- Manage execution of CMC documentation including IND/CTA, original NDA/MAA, agency background packages, responses to health authority questions, and post-approval submissions per established business processes and systems.
- Liaise with MMD and MRL partners in support of assigned products.
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Deliver all regulatory milestones for assigned products across the product lifecycle from IND to post-approval changes.
- Identify and communicate potential regulatory issues to GRACS CMC management, as needed
- Conduct all activities with an unwavering focus on compliance, attention to detail and following all procedures associcate with Merck regulatory systems.
- Experience in reviewing scientific information to assess technical merits and suitability of scientific rationale to ensure information is presented clearly and conclusions are adequately supported by data.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate issues in a succinct and logical manner. Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of related fields (e.g., pharmaceutical manufacturing, analytical testing, and quality assurance).
- Demonstrated flexibility in responding to changing priorities or dealing with unexpected events.
- Capability to handle multiple priorities and balance work to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Please note, relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- B.S. in a biological science, engineering, or a related field (advanced degree preferred). Fields of study include Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, including CMC (direct or indirect), biological/pharmaceutical research; manufacturing, testing or a related field.
- The candidate must be proficient in English; additional language skills are a plus.
- Experience with investigational and late stage development compounds
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in multicultural settings
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Regulatory Affairs - CMC
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Regulatory Affairs-CMC
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Microbiology, Regulatory Affairs, Medical, Law, Science, Legal, Healthcare