Sr. Specialist, Oncology Promotion Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This individual will support the development and implementation of an integrated marketing communications plan and multi-channel resources/tactics supporting the Healthcare Professional (HCP) promotional strategy for KEYTRUDA.
Responsibilities include, and are not limited to the following:
- Executes an integrated promotional plan and manages the creation, approval and delivery of individual programs and tactics, across all relevant channels (personal, remote, digital), to accomplish customer educations objecties and drive business results for KEYTRUDA.
- Leverages customer insights, channel preferences and capabilities, and best practices to deliver the promotional plan for the HCP segment. Ensures that promotional components link together to deliver a deliberate customer journey. Ensures communication objecties align with the intent of the promotional asset and channel capability.
- Works collaboratively with multiple teams supporting promotion, including the Market Research, Marketing Operations and Learning.
- Drives measurement and improvement of promotional effectiveness across the integrated promotional plan.
- Collaborates across business partners, Legal, Medical, OPAR and Marketing Operations during the review, approval and production steps of the promotional process. Applies the appropriate compliance policies and regulatory guidance to the delivery of promotional program and resources.
- Monitors Creative Agency SOW for KEYTRUDA and provides input to Agency evaluations. Responsible for all budget management processes for assigned projects, and manages expenses within Merck guidelines.
- Manages consistent utilization of branding hallmarks and creative concepts, across resources and channels
- Demonstrates leadership Behaviors.
- Maintains alignment to GHH compliance goals and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters in Business Administration preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products.
- Experience in the end-to-end Promotion Medical/Legal review and delivery process; knowledge of commercial, regulatory and legal compliance policies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy
- Experience and success in cross-functional collaboration
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles, ability to make business decisions, and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex data into a recommendation or path forward.
- Experience supporting the Speciality and/or Oncology business.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels ONC
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Marketing Comms/Channels
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Oncology, Law, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Communications, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Marketing