Sr. Specialist, Market Research Analyst, Oncology - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our's Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
- Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them.
- The position will support a broad range of stakeholders and execute detailed analytics and data analysis that spans multiple indications and both pre-launch and post-launch projects.
- This position will be responsible for providing input to the extended global team via secondary data analysis and ad hoc analytic requests by proactively identifying business insights, answering key business questions, and applying all available data resources to produce actionable business solutions and recommendations.
- Requires a strong understanding of the specific uses of key pharmaceutical secondary data sets (minimum of 3 years), with new product launch and multiple customer segments within the specialty arena experience preferred.
- Examples of data that the individual will work with are – IMS Claims/Impact Rx Promotional &Treatment evaluation/ Ipsos Chart audits/Customer targeting and segmentation.
- Expectations that this person will turn around Senior Management requests quickly, accurately and with high quality of analytical thinking.
- Past Market Pharmaceutical Commercial roles (Marketing, Analytics, Sales, Access/Reimbursement etc) and/or early indications experience is preferred.
- Experience with data sources in Oncology or other specialty therapies is strongly preferred.
- This individual is expected to be an exceptional team player who can comfortably interact with and add value to the existing team of multiple market research team members working on Keytruda and who also can comfortably interact with extended Oncology team members including pricing and access, sales, marketing, and other market research colleagues responsible for specific indications.
- At the same time, the Senior Specialist will have demonstrated consistently strong leadership skills with an ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment with cultural awareness and resiliency to change that enables them to effectively produce results for individual areas of responsibility.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Develop and oversee execution of an assigned portion of the global secondary data and timeline for all aspects of Keytruda with a strategic mindset.
- Articulate the rationale, hypotheses, and methodology of analytical approaches to both the manager and the franchise/ client team proactively and ensure the business objectives are met and communicated in an effective way.
- Explore alternative/creative ways of meeting an information need, considering new techniques alongside more traditional approaches to more quickly and efficiently address business requests.
- Complete complex analyses using available secondary data, syndicated reports and databases and integrate findings into primary market research efforts to tell and evolve the "story".
- Collaborate proactively with cross-functional business partners including marketing communications, market access, commercial team, and the advertising agency to ensure optimal integration for launch and post-launch activities.Assist with analysis to inform the strategic assumptions that are built into brand forecasts and tracking of key performance indicators and benchmarking dashboards.
- Manage budgets for market research projects as per department guidelines; individual will work closely with procurement office on contracts/service agreements to get the best deal from key suppliers/MR Agencies for our department
- Independently manage competing priorities and demands from within a product team/franchise applying best practices and innovative techniques maximize value and actionable output.
- Work on ad hoc franchise wide initiatives and/or projects as needed.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (3) years experience in Pharmaceutical US Market Research experience specifically using secondary data sets.
- Past roles supporting sales, forecasting, access and pricing, marketing, competitive intelligence, early indications.
- Well developed analytical skills, strong problem-solving.
- Orientation toward collaboration/ team work, ability to work on teams in execution of market research, interest in ongoing learning.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills around customer focus, decision making, courage & candor, and fostering collaboration.
- Ability and comfort in prioritizing and managing multiple requests from multiple marketing points and extended team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- 25% Travel.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Oncology or other Specialty Therapy areas as well as prior experience on a Global Launch.
- Oncology experience
- Launch preparation experience
- Familiarity with the Monitor process
- Comfort with advanced analytics within the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work tranformationally in fast paced environment
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time