Sr Specialist Logistics -Transportation Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Management Center of Excellence (SCM CoE) Assoc. Director/Director, the Logistics Specialist will develop as a subject-matter expert (SME) in Transportation (Primary), Product Handling, and Trade Compliance business processes (collectively referred to as “Deliver” processes). Role requires ability to work easily with large data sets to support business decisions, continuous improvement, contract bidding, or other initiatives.
P3 level position will be focused on the continued development of the Global Transportation Analytics Program and will have direct responsibility for on-going Transportation Management System (TMS) oversight and support. The Logistics Specialist will collaborate closely with Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics Procurement, Technology, and other MMD functional stakeholders in accelerating Merck’s journey to transform our Global Logistics space to become a World Class Supplier.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing Merck’s Transportation Reporting Program in creating trend analysis, performance metric reports, productivity evaluations, cost estimates including standard cost estimates, and cost-benefit analysis based on data extracted from internal and external information systems.
- Collaborate with Regional or Local Logistics resources to implement projects on time and to achieve realization goals.
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking and analyzing transportation data that includes monthly freight reports, Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key performance Indicators (KPI), and other performance data.
- Responsible for coordinating and developing freight supplier business review data reports with support from Global Logistics Lead.
- Responsible for preparing statistical data for contract negotiations and participating in negotiations.
- Providing direct communication on freight trending issues related to transportation or logistics issues via monthly meetings
- Support implementation of the global Transportation management System (TMS), including business process development, and project support to TMS Lead.
- Service as a Newly developed SCM-COE TMS business administrator role and subject matter expert (SME) on end to end process capabilities for support inquiries, network modeling expertise, and master date maintenance responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Science or Engineering
- This role requires strong VBA/Excel skills/Spotfire Reporting capabilities. Need to be able to work with complex spreadsheets and automate them.
- Strong Analytical Skills – expert knowledge of Excel and Access and querying data from SAP or other ERP system, ability to analyze large data sets, scenario building and analysis, monte carlo or other simulation expertise a plus
- Knowledge of international supply chain, customs and/or logistics operations is desired.
- Experience with process mapping or business process improvement.
- Prior experience in Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Operations Management, Planning and/or Logistics and Distribution
- Graduate degree or relevant professional certification.
- 5+ years of experience in Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations.
- Expertise Experience with SAP ECC and APO functionality and business processes.
Merck Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Logistics
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Logistics, Transportation, Engineer, ERP, Information Systems, Operations, Engineering, Technology