This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Specialist, Business Analyst -MMD IT Lab Operations West Point United States,
Posted on : 25 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Business Analyst will work as a member of the MMD IT Global Quality Laboratory team. Under the direction of the Client Services Lead, the incumbent will be responsible for alignment of IT solutions to business strategies to ensure realization of the desired end state in support of global quality laboratories, information visibility and analytics for MMD Global Quality.
- The Business Analyst will possess/acquire sound understanding of global quality business processes and operating environment, and will facilitate/drive discussions to understand information needs to drive global quality strategy planning and operations.
- Main responsibilities include business process analysis, project scope definition / chartering, requirements elicitation and documentation, UAT planning and coordination, use case development and requirements coverage through traceability to requirements.
- This includes definition of business analysis deliverables and leveraging the standardized methodologies and tools as defined by the company SDLC.
The incumbent must work closely with MMD global quality business leadership, IT leadership, Business Architects, Platform Leads and peers to understand the key business capabilities required by the business, assess the current state, and align target state with the business strategy. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Maps and models business processes and enterprise information specific to the business area.
- Applies a structured approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of E2E cross divisional information flow
- Maintains expertise in the direction of the business area, the specific challenges it faces, and the plans to advance business capabilities for the area.
- Provides input to the platform teams to guide the enterprise toward a target state as it relates to supported line of business.
- Partners with platforms to conceptualize solution architectures adhering to documented Directions and Standards while addressing business strategies, business capability requirements, business processes, information assets, and the operating model of the client business area
- Develops business enablement & solution roadmaps and maintains accuracy of the same in partnership with business architects and platform team.
- Engages with the business case team to clarify the business opportunity and provide input throughout the business case planning process.
- The incumbent must have a foundational knowledge of a regulatory/GxP business processes to enable them to partner with the business in definition of questions to answer that will drive business value and enable strategy. They must then be able to translate these questions into analytical and data requirements, working collaboratively with the rest of the IT community in capability delivery.
BA/BS in business management, software engineering, computer science or related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated expertise in IT solutions for quality/regulatory/compliance including sound knowledge of Laboratory/Quality Management/Regulatory/Compliance or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with regulatory/quality Lab Systems or similar.
- Deep knowledge and experience in GCP, SDLC, CFR Part 11; full lifecycle application development
- Sound understanding of analytics needs at various levels in the organization and experience satisfying these information needs utilizing enterprise solutions.
- Experience with business process definition, key performance indicator identification for business processes, and business capabilities definition
- An ability to engage with vendors, if necessary, to evaluate third party solutions
- An ability to gain knowledge, as it relates to client business processes and the current business environment in which they operate in, and initiate improvements (short term and long term).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems, develop business cases, and identify appropriate process and technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to 1) effectively work in an ambiguous environment , 2) effectively work in a cross-team environment and 3) succeed in a complex and dynamic work environment.
- Experience in our Lab and Quality Management processes (Lab Information Management, Chromatography Data Management, or equivalent)
- Our Company Sigma Certified Green/Black Belt; Experienced at business process and value stream mapping.
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Our company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Laboratory, Medical, Operations, Legal, Science, Healthcare
West Point PA US
Find a Job Find Candidates