- BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry with strong software programming skills.
- Expert in C/C++, C#, .NET (with a proven track record in software development)
- Knowledge of Cocoa, XCode on Mac OS X Platform Knowledge of Java/Java scripts.
- Strong algorithmic problem solving skills
- Proficiency and understanding of OOD principles and database concepts
- Understanding of system architecture design and its impact on performance and scalability.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with Chemical drawing/molecular modeling software in the real working environment.
- Prior experience with ChemDraw or any industrial level Chemical graphical drawing software a big plus.
- Understand Cheminformatics and its uses in drug discovery.
- Thinking as a Chemist when designing and developing the software.
Other Key Competencies
- Comfortable working within an international team.
- Must be a good team player that’s willing to share and collaborate with rest of team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product
- A strong sense of urgency – we are looking for people who are smart and get things done
- Ensure process compliance & assist in driving improvements, as needed
- Maintain a culture of delivering high code quality
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Work as a member of the scrum team planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Effectively communicate status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis.