Sr. Software Engineer - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
BD Biosciences is currently seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our exciting and growing team. At BD Biosciences you will have the opportunity to create software applications that are used to help all people live healthy lives.
BD Biosciences is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer needs. The right candidate will be a self-motivated positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments and collaborates often and effectively with project team members to achieve the scheduled work.
The Senior Software Engineer will participate in a full software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system. The candidate will be part of a highly technical software engineering team building our line extension software.
- Works in a Scrum team to design, develop and document features across subsystems.
- Collaborates with Product Owners and peers to establish requirements, set priorities and plan milestones.
- Translates requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components.
- Tests implemented features to ensure high quality.
- Conducts/Participates in design reviews and code inspections.
- Implements solutions to assigned defect issues.
- Understands our customers’ pain points and empowers them to achieve amazing things
- Mentors other software developers to create high quality, robust designs and code
- Transparently monitors work progress against commitments
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in software development
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Experience of creating web backends and frontends using Python, web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Tornado)
- Expertise with Linux, shell (e.g. Bash) scripting, and command line-driven analysis tools
- Proficiency in React, Redux, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, ASP.NET, MVC, WebPACK
- Self-starter, action oriented with a focus on results.
- Strong commitment to achieving team goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience packaging Python software and Continuous Integration systems
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience of development and computing in cloud (e.g. Amazon Web Services) and cluster environments (e.g. SGE/UGE)
- Experience with C# and other languages e.g. R, C/C++ or Java
- Experience with Python data analysis and visualization libraries e.g. numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, etc.