Sr. Software Development Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
PerkinElmer, Inc. is seeking a permanent full-time .NET/C# Developer to work in Shelton, CT. As part of a small team and under minimal supervision, candidates will be responsible for designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging new software as well as producing enhancements and addressing defects in existing software. The candidate will assist in requirements gathering and refinement, work with users to align solutions with our business initiatives, and implement those initiatives in a timely, cost effective manner. Candidates with experience in the latest web based technologies are preferred. Experience with application validation processes, or experience with the Solidworks API are pluses.
- Address defects and implement enhancement requests in a mature, globally used, and perpetually growing proprietary product data management system (PDM) which is used daily by over 1000 employees.
- Identify and address potential issues prior to these issues impacting the user base and impacting productivity whether actual code or performance related issues.
- Support the immediate needs of the user community in many facets providing basic technical support and training to writing custom SQL reports and/or custom tools. Users are located all around the globe and support is provided both locally and remotely.
- Write stored procedures, user defined functions, table valued functions, views, and common table expressions to derive the required data from a fairly substantial database as well as the web application front end to display the data while keeping performance concerns as a primary focus.
- Expand and maintain all supporting websites. In addition to the main PDM application, there is also an administrative website which will be consistently enhanced or modified in order to safely administer any defects addressed or new features implemented into the PDM system. Additionally there is a full Help system/user guide which contains all of the documentation related to the main PDM system. The Help system must also be regularly updated to reflect any new features which are implemented or any defects addressed which required the documentation changes.
- Help identify and address any security risks within the PDM application in regards to IP protection.
- Analyze and then migrate 3rd party data into the PDM system when business acquisitions occur.
- Perform daily administrative tasks such as creating, enabling, and disabling user accounts. Provide workflow related user support, diagnose, and address any workflow issues and help streamline others as required.
- Assist with keeping the PDM system up to the latest technologies to ensure compatibility with all computer and mobile based web browser versions.
- Assist with integrating the PDM system with other 3rd party systems by taking advantage of 3rd party API’s.
- Work with the product lead to identity areas for improvement and determine the best approach to implement new feature, address a defect, and determine where performance gains can be made.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Fundamental knowledge of a typical development cycle from requirement through development and testing, and finally through production implementation and support
- Ability to conceptualize and turn requirements into working code within the PDM application with support for the lead developer.
- MS SQL Server 2003-2012+
- A solid understanding of scalable architectures
- Ability to recognize, troubleshoot, and resolve cross-browser compatibility issues
- Understanding of web services and SOAP concepts
- Proficient with .NET 3.5 – 4.5, Visual Studio 2012+, SQL Server Management Studio and Profiler
- Experience in configuring Internet Information Services (ISS)
- It is extremely important that the candidate possess the ability to work without supervision, on occasion, as part of a small rapid development team as needed