- The Sr. Algorithm Developer focuses on working with a team of software engineers to develop software solutions applicable to the mass spectrometry business needs.
- Must be able to create end to end systems models, ensure technology interoperability and flexible integration with other systems through application programming interfaces
- Documenting all existing and proposed solutions, as well as the ability to provide complex troubleshooting/support when all other options have been exhausted.
- Must have extensive experience with mass spectrometry data quantitation software architecture and workflow design for various applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Analysis of the development and implementation strategy for data quantitation software;
- Recommending technical solutions to meet the business needs, including build internally vs. buy/outsource analysis;
- Research & develop next generation processing algorithms
- Ensure that software design and architecture would quantitation software requirements and standards.
- Analyze emerging software technologies and design new implementation strategies;
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and the latest technology innovations to forecast solutions, and anticipate emerging business changes;
- Lead and influence the design and development of software standards, processes and interfaces;
- Lead and influence decisions regarding changes to systems and applications;
- Collaborate with other technical leads across company to assess the current state, develop an end state vision and a road map to implement it.
- BA/BS degree is generally expected and may have an advanced degree
- 10+ years experience
- Extensive experience with data quantitation software features and architecture
- LC-MS and triple quadrupole MS technology experience
- Mass spectrometry instrumentation software experience.
- Leading and supporting software architecture implementations
- Software architecture, SOPs, and agile development knowledge and expertise
- C# .Net platform knowledge
- R&D lab with scientific instruments; mass spectrometers, autosamplers, prototypes, etc.
- Prolonged seating associated with computer-related activities