Sr. Scientist, Computational Biology / Molecular Medicine - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- We seek a talented, collaborative inter-disciplinary scientist to conduct computational analysis of high-dimensional tissue, cell and molecular profiling data to advance company’s patient-focused Molecular Medicine efforts.
- This individual will play a key scientific role leveraging innovative computational analysis strategies and a wide range of data sources to empower data-driven decisions and improve therapeutic outcomes in complex diseases of unmet medical need.
- Key scientific aspects of the role concern computational exploration and interpretation of high dimensional molecular data in the context of patient characteristics, towards development of integrated molecular phenotypes.
- This position would suit an individual with strong scientific leadership potential, exceptional data analysis and interpretation skills, and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- We are particularly keen to speak with candidates who have proven expertise in the following areas: network-based computational biology, integrated data analysis, immune profiling, and unsupervised pattern recognition.
- The role will form part of a collaborative network of scientists in distinct disciplines working to integrate experimental, clinical and computational research approaches.
Working in collaboration with computational, biological and clinical scientists across the company Research and Early Development organization, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pursue leading systems and clinical immunology research towards key company scientific objectives.
- Develop and apply state-of-the-art computational analysis and interpretation approaches to leverage internal, public and partner data sets and empower data-driven therapeutic program decision-making.
- Integrate data across multiple experimental platforms and transfer knowledge from pre-clinical experiments to clinical trials.
- Collaborate with research colleagues to interrogate clinical phenotypes and develop biomarker hypotheses that enable molecular segmentation of key disease subpopulations.
- Present and report methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard, both internally and outside the company where required.
- Contribute to publications, study reports, invention disclosures, investigator brochures, and documents as needed to a publishable standard.
- Contribute to planning and execution of collaborative projects with leading academic and commercial research groups worldwide.
- Ph.D. in computational biology or related discipline.
- 6+ years experience of inter-disciplinary computational research in university, hospital or biotechnology environments.
- Experience of integrated data analysis required, for example across immune profiling (including flow cytometry, CyTOF), high-throughput sequencing, imaging, immunohistochemistry and/or clinical data.
- Expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, and a wide range of contemporary, open-source informatics tools and database structures in MS Windows, Linux & cloud computing environments.
- Proven ability to collaborate and problem-solve productively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English language skills are required.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.