Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Serve as the key contact in laboratory for polymer and surfactants formulations challenges that Solvay’s application labs encounter.
- Help transform these topics into high-level, quality scientific questions
- Conceive, design, plan, execute experiments to answer these questions
- Design and propose well-structured technical programs and projects to further the expertise and innovate.
- Keep up with the recent development in the area of expertise and communicate to the organization
- Prepares technical reports / technical notes.
- Domestic and international travel required (10-20%)
- PhD in Physics or Physical Chemistry required with 1 year post-doc experience preferred.
- Strong experience in physics of surfaces, fluids, wetting and drying phenomena. A specific expertise in the following fields would be an asset
- Thin films characterization techniques (atomic force microscopy, neutron reflectivity)
- Soft matter science (polymers, surfactants, proteins)
- Bacteria adhesion and growth
- Plant cells structure and metabolism
- Skin & scalp structure and metabolism
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to train less experienced researchers in the technical domain.
- Strong scientific and technical presentation skills
- Proven record of publications and good written capabilities
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and cross functional groups is important
- Safe lab practices and record keeping experience are essential
Entry level (0 to 2 years)