|External Posting Title||Sr. Salesforce Architect|
|Job Description||This position will work closely with the other architects and solutions delivery team members, the business IT team, and the business users to define, plan, design, build, deploy and communicate various Salesforce and Veeva (all products) solutions (online, offline, mobile; sales, marketing, medical information, HR) and integrations with other solutions that interface with them. This role will work through all phases of solution implementation SDLC including, but not limited to, leading focus groups and workshops to solicit and discuss requirements; experimenting with tools to design and develop solutions, and leading the technical team responsible for that development; and deploying the solutions to our field sales teams, marketing groups, medical information professionals, commercial operations, and HR departments. |
This role will also apply Salesforce.com and Veeva expertise to identify and build the best solutions for our business opportunities utilizing our existing investments. The role will be expected to work with our current toolsets, and also explore other Veeva and SFDC products as needed to meet business requirements. This will also involve working with other teams and tools that are also focused on improved customer insights and measurement, like our web, social, search, campaign management and mobile initiatives.
• Leadership and ownership of technical design, development and implementation of assigned Salesforce.com and Veeva projects.
• Ensure that the proposed and existing systems are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Manage the development lifecycle to ensure the delivery of highly scalable and secure solutions that are optimized for performance
• Articulate design considerations, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for the technical architecture with scalability and supportability in mind
• Lead a technical team, including configuration and data migration
• Complete/oversee/QA any custom development required
• Oversee third-party system integrators where applicable
• Ownership of relevant technical risks and issues
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
• 5-8 years of experience as an application/solutions architect , minimum 4+ in SFDC/Veeva
• Extensive experience with Configuring and Developing custom objects, layouts, reports, CLM functions in salesforce.com/Veeva platform
• Experienced in data analysis and migration of data from legacy systems into SFDC/Veeva
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to articulate concepts and ideas related to assigned projects and customer support
• Well organized, results oriented and eager to tackle difficult problems
• Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and excellent follow-up skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work in cross-functional, global teams as well as independently
• Good knowledge and experience with AppExchange products and understanding of when to use them.
• Experience of working on global/multi site Salesforce.com rollouts
• Experience architecting and implementing Salesforce.com org consolidation projects and data migrations
• Advanced (hands on) experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development (Apex and VisualForce)
• International experience
• Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with team members.
• Good understanding of Change Management and Release management processes
• Ability to mentor and develop junior members of the team
|Education||Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of applicable experience.|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Architecture, Biotech, Developer, Field Sales, Engineering, Science, Technology, Sales, Research