This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Sales Representative - United States
Posted on : 24 May 2017
Job Description :
- Our company is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets.
- The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
- Responsible, as the primary sales professional, for company's Inorganic, Chromatography and Material Characterization product lines.
- Duties include presenting company capabilities in the marketplace, providing an interface to the end user customer, and representing company products and services in an assigned territory.
- This individual will be required to travel overnight ~50% of the time and work with the individual product sales & service teams.
- The qualified candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the capital equipment sales cycle, as well as a working understanding of the Inorganic (AA, ICP and ICP/MS), Chromatography (LC, LC/MS, GC and GC/MS) and MatChar (IR, UV and Thermal) products.
Grow Sales Volume.
- Execute a sales plan that is part of the region's and company's strategic objectives.
- Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability by utilizing resources effectively. Your responsibility is to develop a plan for each of the product lines which you sell in order to ensure that each line is fairly represented.
Develop and implement business plans.
Maintain an effective time and territory management plan that includes an ability to present business and technical information, identify customer needs and trends, promote and position company support services to customers, provide information about techniques and products, follow up inquiries about goods and services, maintain customer information utilizing approved information tools and technologies such as the company’s Customer Relationship Software (CRM), timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates, and rigorous funnel management in order to achieve/improve monthly forecasting accuracy and growth targets.
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
- Facilitate solving customer problems by recommendating solutions that leverage your knowledge of competitive offerings and market dynamics.
- Requires that you maintain the necessary technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
Work closely with regional extended sales team, service team, product specialists, and business units in order to promote a high level of customer service. Provide local support for planned customer events throughout the year.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry or related field.
- A minimum of five years direct sales experience selling analytical instrumention.
- Thorough understanding of business factors effecting account's profitability and competitive status as well as laboratory operations.
- Experience with analytical laboratory software and instruments is desirable.
- Experience working in the laboratories utilizing Inorganic, Chromatography and Materials Characterization instrumentation is also preferred.