This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Research Associate, Molecular Biology, Hematology Cambridge United States, London United Kingdom, Basel Switzerland,
Posted on : 03 June 2017
- We are seeking a Sr. Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. Successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of therapies for hematological diseases.
- Successful candidates will have significant experience executing experiments in hematology ex vivo. Basic cellular and molecular biology skills are desirable in addition to familiarity in running animal models for the study of the hematopoietic and/or immune system.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Planning and hand-on execution of ex vivo and in vitro cellular assays and downstream molecular biology and biochemistry analyses.
- Gather, analyze and present experimental data under the direction of a Research Scientist
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 4+ years of relevant research experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including primary human cells
- Significant experience with extraction and handling of nucleic acids and molecular biology techniques (ddPCR, qRT-PCR)
- Significant experience in cellular biology techniques and assay development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Experience in performing proteomic analysis like HPLC is desired
- Experience with human hematopoietic cells and downstream in vitro and in vivo functional assays
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Nucleic acid isolation, PCR, qRT-PCR
- Problem Solving The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data. Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation - Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Leadership The ability to take the role as a leader of a team or work group
- Communication and Teamwork Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context. Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
Cambridge MALondon UKBasel Switzerland
Find a Job Find Candidates