This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Research Associate Lüleburgaz Turkey,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 21 March 2017
- Our company is seeking a highly motivated individual who desires to be part of an innovative sunflower research team.
- The successful candidate will work in a cross-functional environment, interacting with members of Breeding and Molecular Plant Breeding.
- The Senior Research Associate will have the opportunity to support sunflower research team in executing field and nursery trials by implementing breeding protocols.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge breeding technologies in cooperation with cross-functional scientists seeking to deliver the very best crop genetics.
- Assist the Sunflower team in conducting the sunflower breeding program, broomrape screening in the summer nursery and yield test as well as all of the operations that will be conducting in the office. These involve soil preparation, planting arrangement, seed preparation, planting, achieving of all agricultural operations, selection, pollination, harvest , recording and loading data, seed inventory, oil analyses, oversee and leading workers,
- Using unique skills and procedures, ensures that all material necessary for conducting laboratory or field experiments is prepared properly and on time.
- Assists with miscellaneous tasks such as cleaning, handling, packaging and storing field or laboratory material.
- Operates and maintains complex equipment in support of experiments conducted within a research project.
- May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols.
- Assist for managing the temporary employees and keep them motivated by sharing responsibilities with crew leaders
- Implement our company safety programs at the station level. Ensure that all temporaries follow the safety rules as described.
- Participates in routine team meetings for purposes of planning, learning & reinforcing the procedures; and communicating generally about status of work activities.
- Perform any other essential duties as assigned.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results
- Travel to yield trials sites.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Agriculture (M.Sc. is preferable)
- Demonstrated proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- At least 5 years of experience in plant breeding (experience in sunflower breeding will be prioritized) or agricultural research
- Experience and knowledge of common Agronomic practices
- Strong interest for plant breeding and availability to work in open field experiments
- Demonstrate strong intrapersonal communication, organizational and project management skills.
- IT skills, including MS Excel and data management, and ability to become proficient in Corporate IT tools.
- Proficient in English
- A valid driving license is required
Turkey Kirklareli Lüleburgaz
Find a Job Find Candidates