This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Research Associate, Hematology - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Posted on : 26 April 2017
- We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases.
- Successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of therapies for hematological diseases.
- Successful candidates will have strong cellular and molecular biology skills and experience in hematology and/or immunology is ideal.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Planning and execution of ex vivo and in vitro cellular assays, including assay development, flow cytometry/cell sorting, downstream molecular biology and biochemical analyses.
- Conduct time sensitive experiments and analyze data under the direction of a Research Scientist.
- Prepare research reports and present findings to internal and external groups.
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant research experience
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including primary human cells
- Significant experience in cellular biology techniques and assay development
- Experience in extraction and handling of nucleic acids and downstream applications including ddPCR and qRT-PCR
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Experience with human hematopoietic cells and downstream in vitro and in vivo functional assays
- Extensive experience with multi-color flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Prior experience in gene therapy and/or gene editing technologies
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data. Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation - Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Leadership – The ability to take the role as a leader of a team or work group
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context.
- Able to work co-cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.