This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Research Associate, AAV Vectorology - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- We are seeking a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases.
- The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of therapies for hematological diseases.
- The successful candidates will have significant experience executing experiments in hematology.
- The candidate should be well-trained in the generation and characterization of adeno associated viral (AAV) vectors. Basic cell and molecular biology skills are desirable.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Cell culture and virology: maintenance of tissue culture laboratory, maintenance and cryopreservation of cells, generation and purification of AAV vectors, transduction and flow cytometry
- Molecular biology: cloning, DNA/RNA isolation and analyses, PCR, QPCR, design and construction of optimized gene expression cassettes
- Assays: ELISA, Western blot, immunohistochemistry flow cytometry and data analysis
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant research experience
- Extensive experience in generation and characterization AAV vectors
- Extensive experience in cell culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results oriented research team; highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Extensive experience in AAV vectorology
- Extensive experience with FACS, ELISA, IHC/IF
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data.
- Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation – Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently.
- Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Leadership – The ability to take the role as a leader of a team or work group
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context.
- Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion – Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.