Sr Program Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Sr. Program Manager is a senior resource leading program(s) that include project spend in the range of $5-$10M, and is accountable for project delivery across that entire IT program.
- The Principal Program Manager leads a matrix team of project managers, technical leads, architects, vendors and agencies, and delivery partners within a program or programs.
- The Program Manager has overall responsibility for the program(s)’ health and success.
- This role will require the ability to: monitor, challenge and ensure predictable delivery of projects and/or programs - driving accountability of work stream owners and enabling escalation of risks and issues that require assistance or attention.
- The Program Manager will monitor resources, both internal to the company, as well as external partners and vendors to ensure necessary resources are obtained and balanced across the portfolio.
- The Program Manager is accountable for ensuring that the projects are delivered according to committed scope, approved budget and targeted dates, and ensure the project managers deliver a high level of quality, in their projects, including schedule and budget adherence.
- The Program Manager will lead various program governance meetings including routine core team / program office meetings as well as escalation, steering and sponsor reviews.
- The Program Manager will facilitate critical program reviews.
- Extensive experience leading agile projects, and instilling the agile management philosophy (Scrum and Kanban and familiarity with Jira plus)
- Experience with annual planning, managing budgets and building financial forecasts.
- Experienced in leading daily stand-ups and cross-functional teams in a nimble, fast-paced team
- Experienced in building and managing a high performing team of subject matter experts towards a common objective
- 8+ years’ experience working as an IT or Digital Marketing professional - ideally managing large, multi-national projects, programs and/or portfolios, including SDLC requirements and budget accountability
- Experience with GxP project requirements and execution.
- A background in life sciences, clinical and/or regulatory environments a plus.
- Have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be highly organized and work well under pressure
- Be capable of working on multiple projects at once
- Be able to work independently
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Business or related field required.
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.