Sr. Product Manager, Infusion Connectivity - United States
Connectivity Sr. Product Manager is responsible for developing solutions by identifying potential opportunities, conducting market research, generating solution requirements, pricing and creating integrated go-to-market strategies. The product manager determines the strategic direction, vision, and scope of capabilities necessary to support Connectivity and broader Medication Management Solutions market requirements. Product management is responsible for defining and driving product initiatives from concept through to initial launch and includes full support of the stage/gate process with R&D.
- The role requires strong technical background and customer-facing experience.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Connectivity software solutions and capabilities
- Track industry competitors and develop competitive analysis material
- Analyze solution needs and define scope requirements to ensure it meets market needs, including best practice workflows, scope of capabilities and user design.
- Prioritize development efforts based on alignment with business goals, strategic direction, voice-of- customer feedback, and timelines
- Collaborates across solution groups on similar functionality to ensure common process and seamless integration
- Active and collaborative participation on cross-functional teams and includes members of support functions such as R&D, field operations, regulatory, quality clinical, sales, manufacturing and user experience design
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams/members without formal authority
- Demonstrates deep customer, technical/regulatory and clinical expertise; collaborates with appropriate parties to identify the drivers leading to business success.
- Evaluates alternative solutions/decisions in light of the potential impact on the internal/external customer; understands the resource implications of solutions and makes recommendations in adherence to governance and prioritization guidelines.
- Monitors emerging trends and problems within healthcare market, including macroeconomic, regulatory, compliance, technology and competitive areas. Distills them to product impact and communicates them concisely to the business.
- 3+ years’ Technical depth and hands-on experience preferably in systems / sales engineering or technical marketing role
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering related field (Computer Science preferred); MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with infusion or medication safety workflows in a connected hospital environment, IT standards, HL7 interfaces, server architecture, networked systems
- Experience and knowledge of infusion clinical engineering software workflows and cyber-security (e.g. FIPS 140-2) standards strongly desired.
- Experience with Real Time Location Services, device reliability metrics, distributed alarms, and battery technologies strongly desired
- Experience with Quality and Regulatory standards in healthcare
- Experience with HIMSS Analytics Database reporting desirable. • Ability to convey complex technical information to a variety of audiences
- Experience with scrum and other Agile development methodologies
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, advanced verbal, written and presentation/communications skills.
- Personal characteristics: personable, detail-oriented, critical thinker, self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful, customer-focused and interested in professional development and career progression
- Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Travel approximately 30%