Sr Planning Specialist Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As part of Merck's Supply Chain organization at the Vaccine Manufacturing facility in Durham NC, the Senior Planner will be responsible for the creation of a master production schedule that aligns with the global vaccine forecast and market requirements. The Senior Planner supports the Integrated Process Team (IPT) and will plan, create and release production/process orders for operations, procure materials to support the production schedule, and work closely with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries. This position is responsible for monitoring inventory levels at all nodes in the supply chain ensuring sufficient inventory to support manufacturing and downstream customers, while managing inventory level financial targets. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working with individuals and teams from several different site and above-site departments to ensure that customer needs are met. This is a senior position in the Durham Supply Chain organization. Candidates will need to possess demonstrated planning skills and experience in an SAP planning environment and maintain strong customer focus and IPT support at all times.
- Creates and releases process orders to the shop floor operations team.
- Supports the creation of the dilution model and all relevant Manufacturing Execution System (MES) data entries for 24/7 production facility.
- Ensures sufficient bulk virus is on-site, available, and released to support the production schedule
- Converts purchasing requisitions and releases purchase orders to suppliers for certain materials.
- Works closely with Durham and Westpoint labs to ensure testing and release are aligned with customer need dates.
- Responsible for working closely with Operations, Quality, Logistics, above site planning, and packaging site customers to schedule and communicate lots/quantities/ship dates for finished product to all customers, ensuring WCS OTIF targets are achieved.
- Identifies and communicates supply delays to downstream colleagues and planning manager.
- Primary liaison between the Durham site and its internal customers.
- Manages the Inventory of Questionable Value (IQV) process
- Reviews MRP outputs and makes adjustments as required
- Monitors inventory levels to avoid excess inventory, inventory shortages and/or inventory expiry.
- Secondary responsibilities will include
- Support of Quality and Procurement in the resolution of supplier quality issues
- Utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles and methodologies to minimize waste, reduce costs and shorten cycle times
- Providing QN and CAPA support as needed
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering or comparable field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain, Materials Management, and/or Operations
- Strong knowledge of Planning and Purchasing processes as well as MRP/MPS principles and methodologies
- Strong experience using SAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent planning, organizational, documentation and communication skills to ensure alignment of customers’ needs relative to site output.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and manage complex projects and tasks
- Produces/completes various assignments requiring analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in sterile vaccine manufacturing industry or other GMP regulated industry
- APICS or CPIM certification
- Lean Six Sigma Knowledge and Experience
- Team player with a strong positive attitude to maintain focus in difficult problem solving situations
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Materials Planning/Scheduling
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Planning & Scheduling
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Durham
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: ERP, Engineer, CAPA, Lean Six Sigma, Logistics, Technology, Engineering, Management, Operations