Sr Medical Science Liaison-Multiple Sclerosis - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The MSL will be a front line member of a field based team of scientists critical to establishing and maintaining excellent educational and research collaborations with KOLs, other investigators and key academic institutions to build outstanding product awareness and advocacy.
- The MSL is responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) with the end goal of building advocacy leading to a strong franchise and serves as a conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between KOLs, other investigators and the company's Medical Affairs group.
- The MSL also assures that scientific and product information is current, relevant and readily available and acts as the primary clinical/scientific resource in the region for information pertaining to disease state and company's product(s) to ensure awareness and understanding.
- The MSL also assists with development and coordination of Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs) and company sponsored trials.
- The MSL may also be involved with site initiation, communication & coordination functions and in providing clinical protocol expertise to Physician Investigators involved in post-marketing studies.
- The ideal candidate must be able to travel 60% of the time, including ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends.
- Previous experience as a Science Liaison is highly desired and an advanced scientific or clinical degree is required.
- Experience in the Multiple Sclerosis Therapeutic Area is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older with Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Must have authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or rental
Advanced scientific or clinical degree; ideally at PharmD or PhD level
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.