We are looking for a office based Medical Liaison Manager (m/f)
- The Medical Manager accountabilities are focused on the responsible medical product's strategy and tactics within their affiliate.
- The Medical Manager supports on the same basis the commercial teams, while respecting all rules and local regulations applicable.
- The medical manager is the product medical expert and interacts with key opinion leaders. He provides answers to complex medical information requests.
- The senior medical manager leads franchise projects.
- The senior medical manager provides coaching to more junior colleagues and replaces the associate director medical whenever appropriate.
Product Life Cycle Management
- Be the scientific and medical expert about the disease and the product.
- Give input in the franchise strategies and tactics.
- Develop local medical strategies and tactics in line with the regional strategies.
- Initiating and monitoring medical projects, including supporting national clinical trials, protocol writing, publication, phase IV studies, IITs/SRA
- Initiating and monitoring of patient support programs and leading of all programs (independent of product)
- Internal and external medical education and training
- Preparing scientific documents for healthcare professionals in close cooperation with the brand team
- Preparing local MSL plans in close cooperation with the brand team and in line with the local medical strategies
- Competitive intelligence follow- up
- Training of MSLs, commercial colleagues on diseases and treatments
- Closely collaborate with Regional Medical in order to share needs and medical activities
- Responsible for budget calculation and overview related to medical activities
- Prepare, manage and provide medical information that is timely, accurate and balanced, including, but not limited to, medical letters, slide kits, publications
Medical Communication and Exchange
- Develop and maintain scientific relationships with TLs and investigators and understanding of the therapeutic area and company products, and facilitate scientific exchange with TLs
- Attending national and international congresses
- Conduct/attend/present at Advisory Boards initiated by the affiliate organization if there is a clear need for specific medical input
- Organize and conduct medical education events for different stakeholders including nurse
Management and support of other function
- Provide medical input into sales, marketing and market access strategies
- Ensures medical accuracy of promotional materials
- Provides medical support on regulatory strategies for registration of new products or line extensions
- Provides medical support to market access to compile reimbursement dossier
- Providing medical support (developing materials, giving presentations, etc.) to marketing and sales
- Provide medical training to affiliate staff in line with clearly identified strategic needs
Coaches less experienced medical colleagues and replaces associate director medical in case of absence:
- lead the team and represent the team in the operational leadership team meeting, regional meeting review of promotional material
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the Austrian Market (e.g. medical affairs, clinical research, local regulations, pharmaceutical codes)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Independent and smart working
- Attitude of ownership
- Good at seeing things through to completion (thinks ahead)
- Motivator and team worker
- Flexible and open mind-set
- Good customer-relations and networking capacities
- High energy level and able to deal with stress
- Sets high ethical standards and identifies with the company values and guidelines
- Fluent in English and German
- Required: Scientific or Medical Degree (MA, BA)
- Desirable: Advance terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Marketing Manager, Science, Sales, Research, Marketing