Sr. Mass Spectrometry Application Scientist - Canada
- Provides scientific leadership and develops strategic applications for mass spectrometry platforms.
- This position reports to the Sr. Director & General Manager, Mass Spec
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design and drive the execution of strategic applications for the mass spectrometry products.
- Act as a scientific expert and influencer to the R&D organization during implementation and conceptualization of new product.
- Understand customers’ current and future needs and design application development strategy to address those needs.
- Influence the scientific community and market via key applications, publications, conference presentations, and patents.
- Work with sales, marketing, product management, and R&D teams to develop long-term strategy for mass spectrometry applications.
- Evaluate competitive publications and presentations and come up with a clear strategy to demonstrate company’s competitive edge.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry is required.
- Ph.D. is preferred. Other Training
- Hands-on mass spectrometry experience is required.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometer theory and components is a must (such as electromagnetic fields, ionization sources, mass analyzers, RF systems, charged particle detectors and electrometers, data acquisition hardware).
- Hands on experience with triple quadruple systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot LC-MSMS related issues.
- Experience with food and environmental applications of mass spec is preferred.
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Passionate about working in a lab developing applications to address customer needs.
- Excellent group interaction skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities. Skills
- Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams, customers, and large audience (during conferences).